New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    im a nissan fan. but after i test drove hyundai's crdi (accent and sta. fe), i'll choose tucson anytime. the acceleration is superb(comparing my 1.6 sentra vs. the accent 1.5 crdi). but if nissan well bring the xtrail powered by YD22DDTi(common rail turbo diesel version of nissan) my vote goes with it .

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    been reading this thread pero up to now wala ako ma-i-recommend between the 2. although I'm a die hard Hyundai CRDi fan, talagang ayaw ko ng Tucson na hitsura

maybe a CRDi sportage na lang. mas maganda pa itsura niya kaysa sa old model x-trail

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Kung may 1.250M kayo ano ang kukunin nyo,yung Tucson CRDi(1.188.000) or yung Xtrail 200X(1.230.000)?
    Xtrail for me

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    greetings. ako din nahihirapan pumili ng suv. tucson xtrail pinagpipilian ko. pwede nga din sportage kaso natatakot lang ako sa aftersales ng kia.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    For me I'd rather TUCSON 4x2 CRDI then NISAN XTRAIL I dont like the center gauge of the XTrail. Tucson madaling pagandahin with lots of ADDs ON Accessories aftermaket

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Early this month i was in the same predicament. I chose the tucson. and im' glad i did.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I was in the same situation, my choices were the Honda CR-V, Nissan X-trail 200, Hyundai Tucson CRDI and the Kia Sportage CRDi. The Ford Escape was never in my list, despite the good facelift, given Ford's gass guzzling reputation. I chose the Sportage and I'm very happy I did: 4wd, CRDI, nice interiors (leather sides and partial leather seats). I otherwise would have been able to afford only a 4x2 CR-V or X-trail, fabric interiors and gas powered pa (and given the rising costs of gasoline, diesel is the fuel of choice). The X-Trail handles well (responsive and acceleration) but no offense, it looks dated (boxy), low height (both the vehicle height and ground clearance), small and I really don't dig having the instrument panel at the center plus I don't understand the "mix medium" interiors (e.g., fabric and vinyl/plastic alternating on the dashboard, I can just imagine the mess of maintaining it, like wiping it and getting the fabric wet).

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    My final choices were the Tucson and the Sportage and I chose the Sportage for the better (in my opinion) external appearance and the interiors (the better materials). US News & World Reports (a US magazine - usnews.com) also rated the Sportage higher than the Tucson among compact SUV's - and to note that all in category were gas powered, thus, no surprises that the top ranked was the Honda CR-V. But CRDI, 4wd much better than gas powered SUV's. The recent scare about diesel fuels affected Toyota Fortuners D4D (and not the Hyundai/KIA CRDI's). I previously had this Fortuner, and though I never experienced the problem, I sold it off.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Hyundai Tucson CRDi or Nissan XTrail 200X?