New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hi guys. Were plannin to get an extra SUV to keep in our garage. First off, it must have a diesel engine, just a CUV, & at the price range of 1.1-1.4M... And so we've chosen two of em.. I've read good reviews of the Hyundai Tucson, but havent really got any feedback from real owners. And here comes the Captiva... Judging from the looks and Specs, its definitely the practical choice (for me) between the two. (with just 100k diff you get better looks/int & a powerful CRDi engine...) but problem is, no real reviews from owners cuz its practically new... And I've heard of bad aftersales service & hard to find Chevy parts...

So what do u guys think?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wilcats View Post
    Hi guys. Were plannin to get an extra SUV to keep in our garage. First off, it must have a diesel engine, just a CUV, & at the price range of 1.1-1.4M... And so we've chosen two of em.. I've read good reviews of the Hyundai Tucson, but havent really got any feedback from real owners. And here comes the Captiva... Judging from the looks and Specs, its definitely the practical choice (for me) between the two. (with just 100k diff you get better looks/int & a powerful CRDi engine...) but problem is, no real reviews from owners cuz its practically new... And I've heard of bad aftersales service & hard to find Chevy parts...

So what do u guys think?
    Main difference between the two is the size. The Captiva is almost the same size as the Santa Fe.
    Aside from offering more room and cargo space, the Captiva comes standard with dual-airbags, ABS with EBD, 4-wheel disc brakes and a 5-speed A/T for all models sold in the RP.

If you want something small and a bit cheaper, then Tucson would be a good option.

GM service has improved a lot since the earlier years. Parts should be cheaper than that of the German Opels and American Trailblazers, Tahoes and Suburbans.
    About the platform, it rides on an updated version of GM's proven Theta SUV platform.
    Last edited by AG4; October 5th, 2007 at 09:49 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Thnx for the info AG4.. Guess we'll have to wait a lil more to get some feedback on the Captiva.. Is this available in all Chevy showrooms?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Tucson drives better, but not as well as the current CR-V or Escape. The Captiva is much bigger than the Tucson (which, personally, is a little on the small side for a current CUV), but there are concerns about the ride quality and steering.

Hyundai reliability seems to be on the upswing, but service is so-so in some dealerships (ask around for the good ones). Like AG4 says, Chevrolet service is much better than before, and their warranty and free service is nice. As for parts... welll, we'll see when these become more common.

But test-drive each one if you're serious about buying... it's best to know what you're getting into.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Ang laki nga ng Captiva. Should already be a 7 seater kaso 5 seater lang ang dinala nila d2. Maybe an aftermarket could put a third row seat in it.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Just a little more and you've got yourself a 7-seater (full leather), SantaFe with 5-yr warranty (1.5M). If I were you, I'd pick that over these two due to the minimal difference in price but big difference in features.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sa WHEELS Q.Ave.. were u able to test drive the Sportage po? kmsta naman sir? San pwede mag test drive ng di atras abante lang? hehe..

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sa Wheels Q.Ave po. Were u able to test drive the Sportage sir? San pwede mag test drive na di atras abante lang?hehe..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I think Tucson is the best choice... you get a 4x4 ride at a cheaper price than the Captiva. Besides, the Captiva is just new to the market and its Chevrolet's first diesel car here in the country... we don't know much of its capacities that's why i think you should go for the wise choice. I know Captiva wins in terms of engine and the size of the car but the 5 years warranty of Hyundai and its very reliable CRDi engines is a big plus!!! ^^

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i vote captiva! :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson CRDi or Chevy Captiva CRDi