New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'll go with the Tucson CRDi 4x4 anytime.

The CR-V 4x2 is overpriced compared to other 4x2 compact SUVs in this category also (well except for the Rav4).

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    Tuc:
    no safety features whatsoever
    No safety features? The Tucson CRDi has ABS, EBD, 2 airbags and Traction Control (the CR-V doesn't have this). You might be referring to the base model version which is priced at P1.08M.

:offtopic: nirvblakr? the maker of custom speakers & subs?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ah yes i was thinking about the Gas tucson, pero diba driver side airbag lang sa crdi tuc? according to the site i saw before

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    comparing 4x4 versions
    i dont like the looks of both...
    but between the 2 tuc takes the look dept...

crdi vs inefficient gas? tuc again...

price...tuc..

safety..lamang ng konti ang crv

features..crv

resale..crv

tuc for me...I could use the price difference to get more features..with the cheaper diesel and maintainance of tuc winning in the long run

now if only the sportage brings in a crdi version...ibang usapan na hehehe

4. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    I'll go with the Tucson CRDi 4x4 anytime.

Yes sir! Naligaw lang ako sa forum na to to know more about cars naman. Rest muna ang HT

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I am referring to the Tuc 4x2 CRDi base model lang though. Anybody with a CRV who can post gas comsumption in city driving? Medyo yun ang malaking factor why I wouldn't buy a CRV- malakas daw sa gas. I don't hold an 8-5 job eh. Palipat lipat ng hospital during the day consuming around 300kms every 4 days. I think an 9-10km/liter city driving consumption is ok with me coz yun ang consumption ng present ride ko. Higher than that baka mamulubi na ko.

Safety features ok din sana but not a priority coz careful and defensive driver naman ako. I seldom go out of town trips so di rin ako nagspeespeed except sa slex from bicutan to alabang which is my usual route.

Another thing, the CRDi model comes in automatic transmission and with CRDi mas matipid pa rin sa crudo compared with the gas manual ng CRV. Pwede ma drive din ni misis. Hehe! Yun di ang mga consideration ko eh.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Nandito pala ang master of custom speakers. :D

Matipid po talaga ang Hyundai CRDi esp for long trips. I travelled 323Kms (i got lost in Pangasinan for hours) to Baguio and consumed only ±15L. That's about 20km+ per Liter mileage. 150kmh pa average speed ko non with top speed of 180kmh. Nung pabalik lang ako naka-190 e. But don't worry, even at 190, your passengers won't notice you're going fast. Aakalain nila you're going 60-80 lang.

I drive a Hyundai SantaFe CRDi VGT though. Bakit di na lang po yun ang kunin nyo sir? Konti lang naman po price difference unless balak nyo i-cash yung Tucson.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Nandito pala ang master of custom speakers. :D

Matipid po talaga ang Hyundai CRDi esp for long trips. I travelled 323Kms (i got lost in Pangasinan for hours) to Baguio and consumed only ±15L. That's about 20km+ per Liter mileage. 150kmh pa average speed ko non with top speed of 180kmh. Nung pabalik lang ako naka-190 e. But don't worry, even at 190, your passengers won't notice you're going fast. Aakalain nila you're going 60-80 lang.

I drive a Hyundai SantaFe CRDi VGT though. Bakit di na lang po yun ang kunin nyo sir? Konti lang naman po price difference unless balak nyo i-cash yung Tucson.
    sir, matipid po tlaga ang santa fe crdi coz its already vgt but the tuc crdi is not vgt so fuel consumption is higher than the santa fe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by birdnipol View Post
    comparing 4x4 versions
    i dont like the looks of both...
    but between the 2 tuc takes the look dept...

crdi vs inefficient gas? tuc again...

price...tuc..

safety..lamang ng konti ang crv

features..crv

resale..crv

tuc for me...I could use the price difference to get more features..with the cheaper diesel and maintainance of tuc winning in the long run

now if only the sportage brings in a crdi version...ibang usapan na hehehe
    sportage already released its CRDI. its real time 4x4 with ABS but no airbag.price is 1,120,000

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by surg View Post
    dont think its a fair comparison. mas comparable ang tucson CVVT bet the crv iVTEC bec they're both gas-powered. although the tuc had no safety feature it's CBU so the sheet metal used are thicker unlike the crv which is "parang lata sa nipis". but if you're after resale value, then go for the crv
    Both the 2007 CRV and Tucson are CBU. CRV is from Thailand while the Tucson is from Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post

No safety features? The Tucson CRDi has ABS, EBD, 2 airbags and Traction Control (the CR-V doesn't have this). You might be referring to the base model version which is priced at P1.08M.

I'm not so sure if HARI still sells the 4x4 or AWD Tucson here. The latest Hyundai dealer price lists dont list it anymore.

AFAIK, the Tucson 4x4 that "used" to be available, only had driver's side airbag.

In terms of safety....CRV ("Good" in the IIHS crash test-the highest mark).

In terms of interiors....CRV

In terms of exteriors.... ehhhh its subjective. But for me its still CRV

I dont know, maybe one reason why the Tucson's price is affordable is bec. of the very drab interior. Some local magazines and websites, commented that this is the area where one really feels the cost cutting.

Motioncar's review of the Tucson 2.0li CRDi 4x2

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/02....7_01/index.htm
    Last edited by number001; April 24th, 2007 at 08:58 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Both the 2007 CRV and Tucson are CBU. CRV is from Thailand while the Tucson is from Korea.

I'm not so sure if HARI still sells the 4x4 or AWD Tucson here. The latest Hyundai dealer price lists dont list it anymore.

AFAIK, the Tucson 4x4 that "used" to be available, only had driver's side airbag.

In terms of safety....CRV ("Good" in the IIHS crash test-the highest mark).

In terms of interiors....CRV

In terms of exteriors.... ehhhh its subjective. But for me its still CRV

I dont know, maybe one reason why the Tucson's price is affordable is bec. of the very drab interior. Some local magazines and websites, commented that this is the area where one really feels the cost cutting.

Motioncar's review of the Tucson 2.0li CRDi 4x2

http://www.motioncars.com/drives/02....7_01/index.htm
    are you sure the CRV is CBU from thailand? btw, hyundai is still selling the tuc CRDI 4x4 kaya lang by order. price is 1,225,000 with less 35k and free 3 yrs lto

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson CRDi 2007 vs. Honda CRV 2007