New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    FXT = if you can find a 2nd hand stock 06/07 FXT then upgrade turbo, exhaust.....man that's serious, close to STI fun!!! plus the boxer rumble.
    hehe. kahit nag papa PMS ako at sinasabi kong na Ondoy yun akin, ino offeran pa din ako, Ikaw pala promotor nun ha. hahaha.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    After much analysis, going back to the dealerships, getting advice from this forum, friends, and family, and weighing all these, I decided to get the Tucson 2.0R eVGT Premium. One big problem... THERE'S NO SUPPLY! Plus 4 metro manila dealerships gave me estimates of 3 months at least without a single one even saying a definite date not even by xmas 2010. I even met another prospective buyer who said he's been waiting since July. Wow! Granted its a good vehicle and in demand in other countries, I just couldn't understand why they (HARI) spend so much on marketing w/out securing supply.

Then I saw an ad about KDM Tucsons and their immediate availability albeit w/ different prices. Anybody has feedback on these? Will the Hyundai dealerships service these? Warranties?

I went back to MI and found out that they now have supply of the FXT. Basically unchanged. Has less toys than the Tucson premium but I can probably live with it. I'll probably change the head unit to include a NAV / DVD unit w/ rear camera (Any suggestions?) ... Was hoping the seats come with power lumbar support like the Legacy's (will probably be difficult to replace... Owners, any feedback on the seats after long drives?) ...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by pup2 View Post
    I seriously doubt this ...
    I also seriously doubt that a stock forester could go faster than 230 km/h

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    The Sorento is ECU-limited to between 190-200 km/h. A stock Forester XT can go nearly 220 km/h. Moderately modified ones hit around 240+.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Sorento is ECU-limited to between 190-200 km/h. A stock Forester XT can go nearly 220 km/h. Moderately modified ones hit around 240+.
    I know & even though its ECU-limited to between 190-200 km/h it could still go pass 200.. What i mean here is the Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT can also reach the stock forester's top speed but the forester could reach it faster.
    Last edited by JPG111; September 17th, 2010 at 11:31 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis818 View Post
    After much analysis, going back to the dealerships, getting advice from this forum, friends, and family, and weighing all these, I decided to get the Tucson 2.0R eVGT Premium. One big problem... THERE'S NO SUPPLY! Plus 4 metro manila dealerships gave me estimates of 3 months at least without a single one even saying a definite date not even by xmas 2010. I even met another prospective buyer who said he's been waiting since July. Wow! Granted its a good vehicle and in demand in other countries, I just couldn't understand why they (HARI) spend so much on marketing w/out securing supply.

Then I saw an ad about KDM Tucsons and their immediate availability albeit w/ different prices. Anybody has feedback on these? Will the Hyundai dealerships service these? Warranties?

I went back to MI and found out that they now have supply of the FXT. Basically unchanged. Has less toys than the Tucson premium but I can probably live with it. I'll probably change the head unit to include a NAV / DVD unit w/ rear camera (Any suggestions?) ... Was hoping the seats come with power lumbar support like the Legacy's (will probably be difficult to replace... Owners, any feedback on the seats after long drives?) ...
    i have a 2.0x forester, the seats are ok at long drives. and out of all the choices you have the forester really has the least toys you want, but it's raw performance will make up for it.

you do know that the forester's performance isn't just about it's top speed right? it will out handle any asian SUV/CUV available in the market, saying that the forester's performance is not too far compared to the sorento is like saying that the STi's performance is also not too far from the genesis coupe.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post

you do know that the forester's performance isn't just about it's top speed right? it will out handle any asian SUV/CUV available in the market, saying that the forester's performance is not too far compared to the sorento is like saying that the STi's performance is also not too far from the genesis coupe.
    Im not questioning the forester's performance, i know its fast..Im just talking about the top speed & what im pointing out is the sorento could also reach the stock foresters top speed but the forester could hit it faster.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    That's comforting, foresterx, but now I just read that the new revised Forester is coming to RP by 2nd qtr. 2011 and the changes are not only cosmetic ... new transmission, new boxer engine, etc. Might change my plans altogether.

found the article here: http://www.motioncars.com/article.php?id=123

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis818 View Post
    That's comforting, foresterx, but now I just read that the new revised Forester is coming to RP by 2nd qtr. 2011 and the changes are not only cosmetic ... new transmission, new boxer engine, etc. Might change my plans altogether.

found the article here: http://www.motioncars.com/article.php?id=123
    no new transmission for the forester yet. engine isn't new it was only "revised", replaced the belt driven camshaft to a chain driven one, added more torque and better fc. added a couple more features which aren't confrimed yet, but looks will be the same. also only u.s. market will get the revised engine, so the philippines will still have the same engine because our forester is EUDM and europe won't get the revised forester engine.

but hey MI might bring it here, just ask your agent at MI if the 2011 forester their selling is the USDM spec or EUDM. if EUDM only then don't expect that much of a change.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know & even though its ECU-limited to between 190-200 km/h it could still could go pass 200.. What i mean here is the Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT can also reach the stock forester's top speed but the forester could reach it faster.
    Not quite.

Mid-range torque impacts on acceleration... what provides top speed is horsepower and aerodynamics. 190 bhp in an SUV with a huge frontal area doesn't match the Forester's 240 bhp in a smaller car... and then there's the limiter. An ECU limiter will limit you to whatever speed it's set to limit you to... whatever your speedometer (which is woefully inaccurate over 100 km/h) says.
    Last edited by niky; September 17th, 2010 at 01:06 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson 2.0R Premium eVGT or Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT FWD or SubaruForester2.5XT