New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hi mga sirs:

Getting a SUV this month or latest by Sept. Narrowed it down to either the Hyundai Tucson 2.0R Premium eVGT or Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT FWD or the Subaru Forester 2.5XT.

I've had the CRV, X-Trail, and Outlander before and wanna try a different brand. Don't really need all the space for now since its just me, the wifey, and our Golden Retriever. Considering the Sorento because I like the way it looks and read many ggod things about the new Hyundai diesel engine. As you may notice, price is not really an issue among the 3 choices. I do mostly city driving but go up north every weekend. Ave. trip per day is only about 20kms. on weekdays. Although fuel consumption is important, I'm more particular with safety, reliability, durability. Resale value is not a big consideration since I'll probably keep this vehicle for 3-4 yrs. I read the thread of the new Tucson issues and I consider this alarming for a brand new vehicle. (ECU reset, knocking sounds at the rear, fogging up fog lights, etc.) I sure hope these are exemptions to the rule. 2WD or 4WD is ok but I notice the Tucson diesel only comes in 4wd (although not a full 4wd).

Unlike most in my family, I am one of those who truly believe that Korean made vehicles now rival the Japs. However, since I've yet to own one I don't have the credibility. Will the Tucson or Sorento prove me wrong?

Pls share your experiences and comments especially on the points above.

Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Forester 2.5XT ako not considering matakaw sa gas...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    performance wise, will go with forester 2.5. aesthetic design the tucson i like better.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    if you want performance XT is the best, but if you want practicality tucson suits you more.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis818 View Post
    Hi mga sirs:

Getting a SUV this month or latest by Sept. Narrowed it down to either the Hyundai Tucson 2.0R Premium eVGT or Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT FWD or the Subaru Forester 2.5XT.

Considering the Sorento because I like the way it looks and read many good things about the new Hyundai/Kia diesel engine.
    Good choice in considering the Kia Sorento .. I also like the way it looks.. a not so common sight on the road like the tucson.. I also like the forester but i dont like its exterior design ..The perfomance of the forester is not too far compared to the Sorento 2.2R eVGT, you can also reach the speed which the forester is capable..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Believe me, Forester 2.5 XT by a mile. Test drive one, even the 2.0 variant, and you'll "smile" yourself past the competition.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Subaru Forester 2.5XT for me..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'll also go for the Subaru Forester 2.5XT. By all means diesel engines are good, but there's something about a turbocharged gasoline engine that makes you smile besides, the Forester aged gracefully..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    I'll also go for the Subaru Forester 2.5XT. By all means diesel engines are good, but there's something about a turbocharged gasoline engine that makes you smile besides, the Forester aged gracefully..
    2 years palang ang forester ha..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    2 years palang ang forester ha..
    Pero may lalabas daw na bagong Forester this September 2010?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson 2.0R Premium eVGT or Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT FWD or SubaruForester2.5XT