New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Pero may lalabas daw na bagong Forester this September 2010?
    wala sa atin locally..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    definitely forester 2.5xt medyo conservative lang exterior design but performance wise

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    FXT = if you can find a 2nd hand stock 06/07 FXT then upgrade turbo, exhaust.....man that's serious, close to STI fun!!! plus the boxer rumble.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    "Starex_Gold", where did you hear of the news that a new Forester is coming out next month? Can you please post the site? Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    2011 yon bro, and minor changes lang at US market lang magiging available. changes will be higher torque and chain driven camshaft maximizing the output of the engine and mas matipid daw sa gas ang chain driven kesa sa belt driven camshaft. looks same parin, may added features but not sure kung ano ano, ang alam ko lang as of now is bluetooth interface.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks all for your comments.

Just an update. Took out the Sorento from my choices for practical reasons. I like the space but honestly, don't have a need for the 7-seater. Either the FXT or the IX35 has plenty. Plus, the narrow parking spaces at my bldg. bothers me.

On the other hand, it now seems a quest for availability as MI is out of stock for the FXT and Hyundai Pasig is unclear when they'll have stock. It kinda irks me as well that they don't have units for test drive and can only secure one w/ a reservation. The SA in MI was more accommodating. When will car dealers realize that sometimes it all boils down to sales / service quality?

While perusing the other threads, saw the comparo on the CX-7, so I went to Mazda GH. I like it but have read so many negative comments on its lack of power. Any news when they'll bring in the turbocharged version? I know power is relevant but my driving involves lots of climbing on steep hills. Might regret this down the road.

The search continues ...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks all for your comments.

Just an update. Took out the Sorento from my choices for practical reasons. I like the space but honestly, don't have a need for the 7-seater. Either the FXT or the IX35 has plenty. Plus, the narrow parking spaces at my bldg. bothers me.

On the other hand, it now seems a quest for availability as MI is out of stock for the FXT and Hyundai Pasig is unclear when they'll have stock. It kinda irks me as well that they don't have units for test drive and can only secure one w/ a reservation. The SA in MI was more accommodating. When will car dealers realize that sometimes it all boils down to sales / service quality?

While perusing the other threads, saw the comparo on the CX-7, so I went to Mazda GH. I like it but have read so many negative comments on its lack of power. Any news when they'll bring in the turbocharged version? I know power is relevant but my driving involves lots of climbing on steep hills. Might regret this down the road.

The search continues ...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Dennis818,

FXT stocks have arrived already as per advise from my SA. I won't get mine just yet due to a pending sale of my other car. He said that the next delivery date is in Sept.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    Good choice in considering the Kia Sorento .. I also like the way it looks.. a not so common sight on the road like the tucson.. I also like the forester but i dont like its exterior design ..The perfomance of the forester is not too far compared to the Sorento 2.2R eVGT, you can also reach the speed which the forester is capable..
    I seriously doubt this ...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep I think it would be difficult or maybe even impossible for the Sorento CRDi to match the Forester on TOP SPEED. Iba pa rin ang gasoline engine... Sa acceleration on low speeds may laban pero lagpas 100km/h that's where the turbocharged gasoline engine would be better...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Hyundai Tucson 2.0R Premium eVGT or Kia Sorento 2.2R eVGT FWD or SubaruForester2.5XT