New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hmm... didn't see that ah... same engine nga ang Sonata and Sorento ko...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    gc ka nalang sir, iba pa din ang feeling pag ang dream car mo ang drinadrive mo tsaka mahirap yung manghihinayang ka sa huli

3. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    Hi guys, need your opinion on this. I'm a family man, 1 daughter, in my early 30s, one car household driving the new Sorento. Now my wife and I have been discussing about buying a second car, it went from buying me a car and she gets the Sorento to buying her a car and I get the Sorento, and then back again. So now I'm looking at the two choices.

The Sonata is cheaper by 300K, is more practical (4-doors), and also looks good. The GC on the other hand, is faster, more pogi, and more unique. I am leaning toward the GC since we already have an SUV and this will be primarily MY car, which I'll be taking to work and more importantly, early morning drives to my favorite golf courses.

Should I go for the GC and fulfill my dream of having a sports coupe and still have cash for my daughter's schooling? Or should I let practicality reign and go for the Sonata? My target buy date is later this year, since we just got the Sorento, but inputs would be very appreciated.
    As both a GC owner and a family man, I can somehow recommend the GC as a 3rd car or for weekend use.

Some things with the GC you should consider include ride quality (stiff therefore bumpy), very long doors (big problem getting in/out of car in tight parking spaces), and low ground clearance (surprisingly doesn't bottom out easily).

Don't get me wrong as the GC is a really nice sports car with many "luxury" features found in more expensive cars. But driving along EDSA during rush hour traffic, it can literally be a pain in the ass.
    Last edited by ryan; February 17th, 2011 at 09:14 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    sa totoo lang MrGunn hindi mo din ma eenjoy yang GC. pag aalis ka kasi at yan ang gamit mo, wala saglit lang andun ka na. tulin eh. hahaha!

kidding aside! kapag pang weekend lang kasi mas ok talaga yung GC. iba pa din ang dating ng sports car, it's fun to drive, iba din yung feeling kapag minamaneho mo. as captain slow from top gear sez, "the tingling sensation in the groin area" lol!

at tama din si bro SG, power to weight ratio, yung Sorento kayang iiwan ng Tucson/Sportage yan, pati nga Kia Carens (which I love BTW).

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i was once in your situation last year i ended up choosing between sonata and gc you got kids i got too the diff is yours sorento mine is fortuner...you'll bring it when playing golf i brought mine when i play lawn tennis...my kids sat them at the back is not an issue we're not using it for family long trips its our fortuner but doesn't mean gc is for city drive only i travel more than 1,000kms round trip (quezon to vigan ilocos sur) me and my wife on board and huh! what an enjoyable trip the speed is sooo addicted i can't resist...why are u worry the gc can be driven by both of you likewise the sorento hiraman na lang hehehe...and surely your wife will be happier bringing it to socialize with her friends and you to play golf....believe me you won't regret choosing gc...

beware:many are stairing at you while driving your gc ...
    Last edited by saipeme; February 17th, 2011 at 10:05 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Go on, enjoy being single ... erh, feeling single by driving a GC.

If you're gonna opt for the Sonata, then the Sorento will be just left behind since the space for the Sonata is quite adequate for a family consisting of five average-built people, even six if the members are thin. Sayang naman, diba bro.

You're not enjoying the Sonata ...

Not that it's ugly, it's just that, it's a daddy car. Perfect for those who travel with the family on long trips. With that enormous 90%-made of glass roof open and the shade of sunlight coming in.

The GC is fun to drive. Yes, it's low and yes it has a long hood. But you'll get used to it from time to time. Being stuck in traffic can be a problem, kaya get the automatic brembo. Put it in D, then you're good to go. If there's space, kick the accelerator pedal.

The extra money is worth it. Even though it's hundred of thousands more, you get to fulfill your dream driving a sports coupe.

And I don't see any problem btw driving a Korean car just like what a poster on page 1 said.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    There's a non-brembo A/T.

Pasakit lang sa brake maintenance yung Brembo

Remember the price of the brake pads, renzo?

+1 with renzo, you won't enjoy the Sonata if spirited driver ka. At kung gusto mo talaga ng GC, go for it.

Kasi baka Sonata nga kunin mo tapos tuwing may GC sa harapan mo eh ganito itsura mo

Tapos iisipin mo "Sana GC nalang kinuha ko..*sigh*"

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    go for GC na.. kahit entry level nga ok na ok na.. bang for the buck talaga

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    The way it looks mukhang GC na nga, yung A/T non brembo that SG said. Usap kami wife ko, she said no problems naman sa back seat, if ever si yaya and baby ko lang naman uupo dun haha. Di naman matangkad si yaya.

Naiiwan na si Sonata sa usapan, considering the fact we have an SUV na rin and we've survived on a 1 car household for 3 years na... perks of living and working within Makati...

Plus big help din knowing 2 tsikoteers na family men din have GCs... meaning di lang siya pang binata, hehe, pang feeling binata rin..

I don't have issues naman with ride quality, since I also came from the drag racing era of White Plains/Libis... so sanay mag drive ng lowered cars. Plus no issues din sa Korean cars, really love my Sorento as it is...

Mukhang all fingers are really ponting towards GC ah... May lalabas bang facelifted model nito this year? Towards 4th quarter ko rin kasi balak kumuha...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hehe, may follow up question na ko... anu ok na kulay, yung dark na blue or red? Dati gusto ko yung titanium gray kaso dami na nun eh...

yoko na mag black, hirap na hirap ako i-maintain kintab ng black Sorento ko, pag white naman parang ordinary lang. Parang ok sakin yung blue, pero sa wife ko naman type niya red. What you think?

Also, may nag reco sakin to go for the V6 na instead of the turbo 4 coz ang turbo daw nakakasira ng engine internals in the long run. Is this true?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Hyundai Sonata Premium vs Genesis Coupe 3.6 non brembo