New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Hi guys, need your opinion on this. I'm a family man, 1 daughter, in my early 30s, one car household driving the new Sorento. Now my wife and I have been discussing about buying a second car, it went from buying me a car and she gets the Sorento to buying her a car and I get the Sorento, and then back again. So now I'm looking at the two choices.

The Sonata is cheaper by 300K, is more practical (4-doors), and also looks good. The GC on the other hand, is faster, more pogi, and more unique. I am leaning toward the GC since we already have an SUV and this will be primarily MY car, which I'll be taking to work and more importantly, early morning drives to my favorite golf courses.

Should I go for the GC and fulfill my dream of having a sports coupe and still have cash for my daughter's schooling? Or should I let practicality reign and go for the Sonata? My target buy date is later this year, since we just got the Sorento, but inputs would be very appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Genesis Coupe na yan! Tutal eh may nakatabi pang cash para sa studies ni daughter.

Lalo na kung ikaw lang ang gagamit.

O pang-date niyo ni misis.

Pero kung palagi mo rin isasama si misis at daughter sa lakad, mag Sonata ka nalang. Pero mawawalan ng purpose yung Sorento.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I agree. Genesis Coupe 3.8V6 na! The Sonata looks good but will not ignite your loins in the expressway. And is your Sorento a CRDi? If so, even your Sorento is faster than that one. Its not that the Sonata is slow, but its just not as fast and the Sorento covers just about everything it has to offer already.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sure ka ba na mas mabilis yung Sorento R-eVGT sa Sonata?

Theta II 5-seater yung Sorento niya.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If you can get over the fact that the Genesis is a high performance KOREAN sports car... then go with the Genesis.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I don't see anything wrong with KOREAN sports car.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Since you have a daughter, I suggest you get the Sonata Premium.
    More airbags, has a restrained engine and child friendly seats

And if your daughter is still young and small, the Genesis Coupe is not ideal the back seats are tight and it gets really hot since the glass overlaps the back seats, and you can't place kids at the front seat because the airbags pose a fatal hazard to small kids when it deploys.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    doon ako sa GENESIS COUPE 3.8 V6 MT non-brembo..

manual tranny lang

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Opinion ko lang sir, fulfill your dreams. Get the GC. Iba pa rin ang feeling driving a 2 door and GC pa. Super head turner.

The looks, performance, and reliability, panalo ka na.

Then kapag may extra pa, buy a regular 4 door sedan. Anyhow you got a sorrento naman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I vote for genesis coupe since 2nd car sya, the sorento will be your family car. I just saw that yesterday in flesh in Hyundai Balintawak, masasabi ko maganda pamporma sa chicks

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Hyundai Sonata Premium vs Genesis Coupe 3.6 non brembo