New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I've tried sitting on the third row on both, and alterra has better space because the second row seats can be slid forward, but the seats are higher in the santa fe. That's the advantage of monocoque body wherein you can have a lower floor.

One problem in the santa fe is you can only enter the third row via the right rear door because the 2nd row seats on the left can't be folded (please correct me if I'm wrong).

I haven't tried riding on the third row in both vehicles in long distance travel.

Pup2, is the third row space your only concern? If space is your priority, then the starex is a hands-down choice.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wow nice pics sir nels76
    mas malaki talaga legroom ng alterra isa rin to sa consideration ko e,
    parehas rin matipid sa gas at ayus idrive medyo malambot lang ang steering ng SF
    plus factor talaga sa alterra ang audio/video setup

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=3]Alterra[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Advantages[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Has more leg room[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Proven durable/ reliable. Mine already traveled 116T KM without encountering any problems[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Fuel Efficiency is excellent (A/T mix city and highway 12km/l)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Excellent entertainment system (Fully loaded with accessories and gadgets)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Disadvantages[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Bouncy on some roads but it is better than Fortuner[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Sta Fe[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Better looks[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]More engine power[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Smooth ride[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Low re-sale value. One of the reason is because of some banks are not approving loans for Korean vehicles which pulling down the re-sale value of this brand since most of the second hand buyers are getting loans when buying a vehicle.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Still need to improve on durability. The unit here (4 months old) already has unusual noise coming from the inner and outer part of the cabin. Unlike the other brands, they are years older but still better. The units are all company vehicles and are being used to run in deserts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]These are just my experiences guys and I just want to share. Cheers to all![/SIZE]
    Last edited by robert_rpn; December 18th, 2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    anong rural bank ba ito sinasabi mo? baka naman AMA bank eto hehehe

mabuti na lang island nation ang Philippines at walang desert

Bro, try mo sa BPI. Nag-benta ako ng Starex dati at yun ang complain sa akin ng buyer. Di daw sila tumatanggap ng Korean vehicles...

Yup, buti na lang at walang desert sa pinas pero may portions pa rin na pangit ang daan so you still have to put extra care.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    BPI gold member ako, kahit nga chery basta ituro ko lang daw puwede
    Well yun ang complain. Also verified by myself. Di nga sila pumapayag. God bless

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I live in the desert SW of the US. Both Hyundai Tucsons and Santa Fes have no problem coping with the climate or dirt roads. I can attest to that.

I have on 06 Sonata which is US-built. It's 2 1/2 years old and it's still whisper quiet. Even in the dead of night, it's hard to tell if the Sonata 3.3 V6 engine is running without looking at the tach.

I imagine the Santa Fe should hold up just as good if not better.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Back to topic, especially on the interior ...

Ang hanap ko kasi ay 7-9 seater na safe, efficient (CRDi), comfortable, at may ilong. Kung titignan on the surface, parang VAN/MPV na kaso after having stripped most, if not all, the safety devices on local versions, feeling ko malayo na crash worthiness ng SUV at MPV/Van.

So ang hinahanap ko ay pinakamaluwag na SUV and/or pinaka-safe na Van/MPV. Kaya magkapatid itong thread na ito eh. Meron ding comparo ng Starex/Carnival/Stavic.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Bro pup2,

I was torn between these 2 SUVs a few months back.
    We were already leaning for Alterra but we have to wait one month or more to have the unit we wanted - 4x2 Peral Silver MT. Sa sobrang excitement namin, di na kami makapagantay so we settled on the Santa Fe kasi may stock daw agad.

Ang edge talaga ni Alterra over Santa Fe are:
    - Space
    - Gadgets / 5.1
    - Better Fuel Efficiency
    - Ladder Frame

Edge naman ni SF over Alterra:
    - Looks (Internal and External)
    - Power
    - All Disc Brakes
    - VGT

My only complain on our SF is what robert rpn has mentioned - angingay sa ilalim kapag nalulubak. I compare this to our Company Service na Isuzu Croswind XUV. And medyo malakas sya sa Fuel especially on City Driving.

Pero pag long distance driving naman, ok ang efficiency ni SF.
    Nagpa-full tank ako sa may Petron Araneta Ave then I drove to Clark Economic Zone then back to Manila. Ayon nasa Full pa din ung Fuel Level parang ndi gumalaw.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by robert_rpn View Post
    [SIZE=3]Alterra[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Has more leg room[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Proven durable/ reliable. Mine already traveled 116T KM without encountering any problems[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Fuel Efficiency is excellent (A/T mix city and highway 12km/l)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Excellent entertainment system (Fully loaded with accessories and gadgets)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Bouncy on some roads but it is better than Fortuner[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Sta Fe[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Better looks[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]More engine power[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Smooth ride[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Low re-sale value. One of the reason is because of some banks are not approving loans for Korean vehicles which pulling down the re-sale value of this brand since most of the second hand buyers are getting loans when buying a vehicle.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]-[/SIZE][SIZE=3]Still need to improve on durability. The unit here (4 months old) already has unusual noise coming from the inner and outer part of the cabin. Unlike the other brands, they are years older but still better. The units are all company vehicles and are being used to run in deserts.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]These are just my experiences guys and I just want to share. Cheers to all![/SIZE]

do you think Isuzu has higher resale value than Hyundai, SF in particular? a friend sold his 10mos old Alterra for a SF last month.

i have never heard a bank disapproving a car laon because of a Korean car, can you mention which bank? baka talagang di lang approve yung applicant.

regarding durability so far my SF is a year and 2 mos, but still looks good as new, no rattles or kalampag in and out, logged 18K km in odo.(fingers crossed)

im not sure with Alterra, but SF's built quality compared with a Crosswind XUV(same month purchased) is a leap and bound better.
    Last edited by yuichi; December 18th, 2007 at 03:38 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yuichi View Post
    do you think Isuzu has higher resale value than Hyundai, SF in particular? a friend sold his 10mos old Alterra for a SF last month.

i have never heard a bank disapproving a car laon because of a Korean car, can you mention which bank? baka talagang di lang approve yung applicant.

regarding durability so far my SF is a year and 2 mos, but still looks good as new, no rattles or kalampag in and out, logged 18K km in odo.(fingers crossed)

im not sure with Alterra, but SF's built quality compared with a Crosswind XUV(same month purchased) is a leap and bound better.
    [SIZE=3]Guys, if I offended you regarding your rides, please accept my apology. Santa Fe is a really great ride and Korean vehicles are now matching the Japanese ones these days. May Korean vehicle din ako.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]The messages that I previously posted were just my experiences. These are all facts.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Bro Yuichi, yes I guess na mas maganda resale value ng isuzu comparing sa Korean vehicles but in SF in particular, di pa ko nakakakita ng second hand nito, malamang the owners are still enjoying their rides.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]BPI doesn’t approve loans for second hand Korean vehicles. (Ito ang mali sa first message ko. Di ko nilagyan ng SECOND HAND Korean vehicles – pasyensya na guys) Ito experience ko dati nung balak ko ibenta yung Starex namin. Anyway, i-confirm ko na lang ulit pagbalik ko dyan kung pumapayag na sila ng loan for second hand Korean vehicles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Regarding the durability of your Santa Fe, it’s good to know na okay pa rin ang performance at depende na lang siguro sa gamit. Dito kasi sa desert, rough ang roads at ang bilis pa mag-patakbo mga tao dito. Nakaka 80 kph sila at safe pa raw yun. Hehe. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]God Bless to all![/SIZE]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe vs. Isuzu Alterra