New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Me and my wife are also considering this car in the future.

I am not sure if a gas bill(or 60k price diff) would be much of an issue at this price range, but IMO, I would go for the gas. More options, better flexibility.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom zoom View Post
    Hi! Medyo OT, pero I'm torn between santa fe and everest 07, I like santa fe better, kaya lang my insurance agent tells me na mahirap pa rin ang parts ng santa fe. Tutoo ba? btw, I'm based in Cagayan de Oro, would that posed anither problem?
    In your area, that might be a problem. The Everest's CRDi system might not have widely availabe spares for it, but underchassis and suspension parts shouldn't be so hard to find (it basically being a Ranger/B-series truck). If there's a local dealership, I wouldn't worry too much, but if roads are a problem in your area and there's no local dealership, I'd pick the Ford... as long as there's a Ford dealership that's accessible to you.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    We went for the CRDi. It empowers you to cream 95% of the cars on the road. hehehhee.

Diesel fuel is more energy efficient, cheaper, goes farther per liter, more powerful.

*Zoom_zooM: not really true, accdg sa casa, it shares parts with Starex so not really a big problem IMO.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I'd go for the CRDi for the stump pulling torque and lower running cost. The dual-zone climate control A/C of the V6 would be great though...but the standard A/C of the CRDi is good as it is. Unless you do a lot of off-roading the 2WD diesel should suffice even for some 'soft-roading.'

HTH

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    In your area, that might be a problem. The Everest's CRDi system might not have widely availabe spares for it, but underchassis and suspension parts shouldn't be so hard to find (it basically being a Ranger/B-series truck). If there's a local dealership, I wouldn't worry too much, but if roads are a problem in your area and there's no local dealership, I'd pick the Ford... as long as there's a Ford dealership that's accessible to you.
    Hi Niky,

Actually there is a Hyundai dealer here in Cagayan de Oro, but still I've heard that even in Metro Manila, spare parts are not readily available. Thanks anyway, I think I'll follow your advice and get the Everest. Pag balik na lang namin sa Manila yung Santa Fe...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What I meant was: if there's alocal Hyundai dealership, I wouldn't worry about it, but if there isn't, Ford might be a better bet. Good luck nalang sa purchase. You might want to call Hyundai and find out where their closest affiliate is... the Santa Fe is definitely a more pleasant place to be in... but I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Everest anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    What I meant was: if there's alocal Hyundai dealership, I wouldn't worry about it, but if there isn't, Ford might be a better bet. Good luck nalang sa purchase. You might want to call Hyundai and find out where their closest affiliate is... the Santa Fe is definitely a more pleasant place to be in... but I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Everest anyway.
    Thanks. I'm going to Ford tomorrow to check out the unit and the santa fe on Tuesday.. then decide based on "gut feel" na lang..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Good luck on your new car

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by zoom zoom View Post
    Thanks. I'm going to Ford tomorrow to check out the unit and the santa fe on Tuesday.. then decide based on "gut feel" na lang..
    Yeh, whatever inspires you more. Or rather, whatever you think will produce less "what if" thoughts.
    Last edited by IMm29; January 19th, 2007 at 05:59 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Yeh, whatever inspires you more. Or rather, whatever you think will produce less "what if" thoughts.

a.k.a. walang sisihan..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi or 2.7 V6?