New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys!

We're about to get a Santa Fe (for my wife) and we are having a hard time choosing either the 2.2 CRDi variant or the 2.7 V6.

The price difference (60k) is not really big, since the V6 variant already features 4x4, dual-climate A/C and of course a bigger, but thirstier engine.

On the other hand, reviews of the 2.2 CRDi is excellent. Performance-wise, I think this variant is great even on the highways. But I'm quite concerned about the absence of a passenger side airbag since I'm very particular with safety features.

In the long run (maintenance, practicality and usabilty) which variant do you think will be better to own?

Thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir ok naman sila pareho. but if safety is your main concern go with the 2.7v6. mas bang for the money sya except for the gas bill... anyway sir sa hyundai nga pla ako nagwo work so if may concern pa kau pm nyo lang po ako.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    sir ok naman sila pareho. but if safety is your main concern go with the 2.7v6. mas bang for the money sya except for the gas bill... anyway sir sa hyundai nga pla ako nagwo work so if may concern pa kau pm nyo lang po ako.
    Hi Lui!

Kamusta naman gas consumption ng Santa Fe V6?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Personally, AWD versus FWD isn't an issue. Both versions have ABS and EBD, which are more important in an emergency situation. In low grip situations, a front-engined front-wheel drive vehicle is usually quite easy to control. You can drive a FWD vehicle sideways down a muddy track without spinning out or heading straight into the bushes.

The advantages of AWD over front-engined RWD are the same advantages that front-engined FWD cars have. Which are: pulling power (driven fronts) to negate oversteer in slippery conditions, and superior traction by having the weight over the drive wheels.

In accidents and accident avoidance on the highway, AWD won't help you steer any better (that's down to the tires) and won't help you stop faster (in fact, the extra weight might hurt) and won't help you once the vehicle is already spinning or out of control at high speeds (when you have no grip, you have no grip).

The only times when the AWD of the 2.7 would matter would be in deep mud (if you get the fronts stuck) or in sand, but without locking front and rear differentials, you can still get stuck with the AWD version, anyway.

Go for the CRDi one... it's more than enough truck.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    share ko na lang sa'yo how we decided to get CRDi

1. since lagi mag-isa lang naman ako sa tsikot, ok na yun driver side passenger.

2. in the future, we will get another driver. so sa likod na ako uupo. safe pa din.

3. we had a very hard time selling our V6 Chevy Venture van to get our Santa Fe kasi nga V6 sya.

4. dont worry too much about not having a passenger side airbag, kasi hindi naman plasticky ang interior dash. soft sya.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    share ko na lang sa'yo how we decided to get CRDi

1. since lagi mag-isa lang naman ako sa tsikot, ok na yun driver side passenger.

2. in the future, we will get another driver. so sa likod na ako uupo. safe pa din.

3. we had a very hard time selling our V6 Chevy Venture van to get our Santa Fe kasi nga V6 sya.

4. dont worry too much about not having a passenger side airbag, kasi hindi naman plasticky ang interior dash. soft sya.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by kpy555 View Post
    Hi Lui!

Kamusta naman gas consumption ng Santa Fe V6?

sir kyp55,
    gas consumption po is arnd 6-9km/li depende naman po tlaga sa trafic condition at sa driving style naten... if concern nyo po ung gas bill nyo then settle nalang po kayo sa CRDi. pareho pong value for money ung gas or disel variant depende lang tlaga sa priority nyo... tenks sir
    Last edited by lui; January 18th, 2007 at 09:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Sir Lui,

sir may discount kaya kung bibili kami? dahil taga hyundai ka naman e...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lui View Post
    Hi! Medyo OT, pero I'm torn between santa fe and everest 07, I like santa fe better, kaya lang my insurance agent tells me na mahirap pa rin ang parts ng santa fe. Tutoo ba? btw, I'm based in Cagayan de Oro, would that posed anither problem?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd go for the CRDi.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi or 2.7 V6?