New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Why would you cannibalize your own Accent sales by offering an ultra-expensive i10 at the same price? Better to have a top-of-the-line 1.1. HARI is smart, they've dealt with this kind of issue before.
    I see your point. I guess my point of view is as a consumer, not the manufacturer. Too bad of us though, more options would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It should be exactly the same. It should mean great fuel economy for a 1.25, but whether it actually means better economy than the 1.1 will depend on where you're driving it.
    Thanks. I understand what you mean.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... shame for us consumers... I especially like the extra power of the 1.2 liter engines in those small cars, and the i10 1.2 is fantastic to drive, thanks to its tight suspension.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you sorely need the additional power of the i10's 1.25L engine, then you're left with that option. But otherwise, I'd suggest the new Picanto which IMHO is much, much better looking as compared to the i10 which was designed before the fluidic sculpture design language and was seemingly forced to go with the company's current corporate face.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The thing with picanto is that why is it more expensive than i10? Picanto only has 1.0L, and as far as I can tell, there no additional feature compared to i10. I'm not against any company making money, but what's up with that? (considering Kia and Hyundai are sister company already)

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    They may be sister companies but they're sold by different distributors here. And while one is very good with their pricing schemes and happen to be among the best distributors of that company worldwide, the other one happens to be a very selfish, good for nothing distributor that cares about nothing more than how to make more money and prices their feature-stripped products similar to or maybe even more expensive than their grey market (and much better equipped) counterparts...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'm starting to notice it too from the threads I've been reading. Is there a grey market for picanto? Where are they located?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Pwede naman siguro magpaimport if you insist on it, but I don't think that would be a very sensible choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Hyundai i10 vs Kia Picanto