New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    hi all,

who is the winner? in terms of cost of maintenance, cost of fuel, and long term durability???

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Please elaborate.

Focus what? the current one? the new one? 1.8 Trend, 2.0 Duratec Sport or 2.0 TDCi?

And the Elantra, 1.6GL M/T, A/T or 1.8GLS?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    ok sorry. here it is:

elantra 1.8 a/t

focus tdci 2.0

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Even the current Focus is the outgoing model, the looks and the power it offers is just brilliant. So I'd go with the Focus TDCi on this although the Elantra isn't a bad choice as well.

Downside with the Focus is, the maintenance cost will be higher than of the Elantra. But the power that the Elantra offers is nothing compared to the power of the Focus.

However, if you're no speed junkie. Get the Elantra.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If you can afford the Focus TDCi, get it. Guilt-free speed, all day long. It's the only compact you can thrash through the mountains of Tanay, max out on the Skyway, and still do 10 km/L.

On the other hand, the Elantra looks better, has more passenger space, is cheaper, and has a better interior. Halos 200k din yung price difference nila so take that into consideration too.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    which is roomier? and higher ground clearance?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    These are both compact sedans, don't expect high ground clearance. Kuha ka nalang Tucson or ASX for the same price as the Focus if you want ground clearance.

The Focus has more cargo room, by virtue of its hatchback body style. The Elantra has more passenger space, especially legroom. Headroom is limited for passengers at the back though, due to the Elantra's sloping roof.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    its going to me my car but syempre family car pa din. 200k is a big difference. dati 1M lang ang focus ah. meh still going to take a look at both. but leaning towards hyundai na.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    i'm a fan of hyundai but i'd get the focus tdci if i had to choose

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    These are both compact sedans, don't expect high ground clearance. Kuha ka nalang Tucson or ASX for the same price as the Focus if you want ground clearance.

The Focus has more cargo room, by virtue of its hatchback body style. The Elantra has more passenger space, especially legroom. Headroom is limited for passengers at the back though, due to the Elantra's sloping roof.
    bakit hindi na lang nila binalik like the old days. my honda civic 99 has almost 10 inches ground clearance. 246mm front 300mm back. talagang no problem with baha and concrete parking slots and driveways.

ngayon lahat 150mm lang sure upi ang tambucho and sayad ilalim sa humps and driveways.

also how about insulation from heat and sound? which is better?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
hyundai elantra vs ford focus