New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Guys,

We are planning to replace my wife's Suzuki Swift with either Hyundai Elantra 1.8GLS or Chevy Cruz 1.8 LS AT. What do you prefer? and their Pros and Cons?

Regards,
    Luek

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Chevy Cruze if you can risk the fact that your car CAN be costly when it comes to maintenance and fuel. But that's about it, though.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Elantra. Better track record for hyundai vs chevy. More powerful. Easier to maintain.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Track-record wise, Hyundai is better than Chevrolet Philippines. Not to say that Chevy isn't good, it's just that it has yet to break free of its "poor durability" stigma while Hyundai has already passed that stage. In terms of resale value, I believe both are unconventional choices at the moment. Can't say with the Elantra as it's fairly new but the Chevy has problems in selling itself second-hand if you get my drift. Even the Mazda3 has better resale value -_-

Interior, I'd pick the Cruze. Saw the interior and I'd say it's really a step notch from its predecessor (who was it again?). Exterior styling is a bit iffy since it's like comparing the Accord versus a Sonata. One is boxy and macho while the other exudes *** appeal.

Haven't driven an Elantra but the Cruze is very comfortable in... cruising. Really nice for daily city driving. Parts availability... sorry, I'm 100% with Hyundai on this one once the initial year of the Elantra passes (first years tend to have parts shortage, you see)

Between the two, I'm on the Elantra on this one. Newer, ***ier, and I just love curves :naughty2:

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    This should be the question for yourself, Lucas, are you satisfied with your Tucson?

If yes, go for the Elantra.

If not, Corolla Altis should come next to the list.

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    I haven't driven both, but by looks alone, I like the Cruze.

When the Sonata came out, I was WOWed by the look, then the Accent came out that looked similar came out, I was still NICE but now even the Elantra looks the same. Too much of a good thing is never good.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    HI,

Thanks for the replies! How about the engine? both are 1.8, but who is mas matipid? safety features? other features? I believe the Chevy have DVD/GPS system already and last, who do you think is more reliable or better resale value in the future?

Thanks

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    So far, there is not a single Chevy that has a good resale value here. I haven't yet had the opportunity to drive these two, but as the Cruze is known to be very slow (due to the transmission) even when compared to cars of equal or even lesser power outputs, and that the Elantra's engine has more power, I'm sure the Elantra would have better performance. In terms of features, the two are fairly even, though if its the Cruze 1.8LT then the features list will swing in the Cruze's favor.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the Elantra's 6-speed automatic is the same as the Tucson's, then that's a good transmission compared the Cruze's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the Elantra's 6-speed automatic is the same as the Tucson's, then that's a good transmission compared the Cruze's.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Hyundai Elantra 1.8GLS AT vs Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LS AT