New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    but not on resale value.
    Ah yes, but now that there are still no 2nd hand units we still do not know that. Just look at the resale value of the Accent CRDi!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Pati ba sa FC mas ok yung Elantra 1.6 sa City 1.5?

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    I'd pick the Elantra just because it looks hot! slap on some aero parts, lowering springs and mags and watch at how many people would do a double take. Don't bother with performance mods, instead, wait for a surplus Sonata 2.0T engine and pray that it fits. Of course, that just my personal view. peace!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ah yes, but now that there are still no 2nd hand units we still do not know that. Just look at the resale value of the Accent CRDi!
    But that's only because it's diesel. But that said, all Hyundai diesels have pretty good resale.

Quote Originally Posted by jun_mazda View Post
    I disagree headunit does affect sound quality. Pero if you want a oem look headunit just wait nalang I've seen some in china per0 wait nalang tayo for someone to import it.
    You're arguing in favor of cheap, multi-application standardized manufacturer head-units versus cheap aftermarket head-units. It's not like built-in units on cars in this price range are BOSE systems with hidden amplifiers and eight speakers built in.

Driving the Elantra 1.8 and 1.6 back to back, most of us in the test group last year preferred the sound quality of the 1DIN aftermarket unit in the 1.6. The 1.8 is much, much better overall, but not in terms of sound system quality.

Heck... going between brands... the Cruze head-unit is better looking than the Focus standard Ford radio system, and it's touchscreen, to boot! Doesn't change the fact that the Focus has better speakers and speaker placement, giving it more solid sound reproduction, crisper mid-range and stronger bass. Hell... the Focus I just drove had a better sound system than my CR-V! The CR-V matches it for quality and the distortion-free sound level it can attain, but no matter how we tweak it, I couldn't get it to match the crispness in the mid- and upper ranges.

Stock built-in head units look good, but you can always buy something better outside. And if your car comes with an aftermarket 1DIN head-unit, at the very least, you can use it as a trade-in when you buy that touch-screen head-unit at Banawe.
    Last edited by niky; March 9th, 2012 at 11:38 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    I'd pick the Elantra just because it looks hot! slap on some aero parts, lowering springs and mags and watch at how many people would do a double take. Don't bother with performance mods, instead, wait for a surplus Sonata 2.0T engine and pray that it fits. Of course, that just my personal view. peace!
    Semi OT:

If you had that much money to look for a 2.0T engine, you should be buying a Genesis Coupe at the very least.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Haha right! I'm just throwing out a few ideas for the TS to consider hehe Pick the Elantra! save fuel while looking good!

peace!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    May be looking for a 4/5 door vehicle. The GC can seat 4 comfortably even for long drives, as long as those in the back seat are not taller than 5'6''. Otherwise there's a need to slouch due to the roof rake. The knee and leg room is excellent as long as the one's seated in front are not taller than 6'. The only set back is that the front passenger has to go down so the passengers at the back can alight.

Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Semi OT:

If you had that much money to look for a 2.0T engine, you should be buying a Genesis Coupe at the very least.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    but not on resale value.

Masyado na yatang down the road iyan, bro... Kabibili mo pa lang, iniisip mo na kaagad ang resale value... And besides, sentiments of the buying public can change over time... Don't get me wrong, I own a Hyundai, Honda, Toyota and Nissan....Run of the mills but they serve me well

I guess the guiding point in buying a vehicle should be what it offers you now, as you're going to be the direct beneficiary of it.
    15.1K:bouncealt:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Pati ba sa FC mas ok yung Elantra 1.6 sa City 1.5?
    Yes. Lalo na pag manual yung Elantra.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Ano ba talga mas maganda hyundai elantra or honda city? In terms also to save gas ano eh preffer nyo? At sympre sino sa kanila mas sporty tingnan ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
hyundai elantra 1.6 a/t or honda city 1.5