New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Battle of the Euro styled 'long' hatchbacks. Both are automatic. Accent is the "E" model matic. Which one is better? Hehe. Thanks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better engine or better car? Hmmmm....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Give me the Yaris with its funky yet simple styling and that 'bigote' look any day of the week.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Pick the accent for engine performance and fuel efficiency

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The Yaris has an advantage when it comes to the interior, ride comfort, and especially features. The Accent doesn't even have ABS, on top of lacking other niceties like fog lamps, alloy rims, steering wheel adjustment, and steering wheel audio controls. On the flipside, the Accent has a significantly more powerful and efficient engine, but the Yaris' 1.5 is more than adequate for most people and its FC is pretty good as well. Exterior's a personal thing - I think the Yaris is more timeless though, even with that quirky beard.

Between the two I'd get the Yaris. If I wanted the power and thriftiness of the Accent, I'd get a Fiesta Ecoboost instead - not only does it have gobloads of power, it also has a very good chassis and a responsive (albeit faulty) transmission. Plus, its feature set is better than all other subcompacts - push start ignition, climate control, rain sensing wipers, Bluetooth, voice control, auto headlamps, it's got it all. But then again, dual-clutch transmission woes.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Battle of the Euro styled 'long' hatchbacks. Both are automatic. Accent is the "E" model matic. Which one is better? Hehe. Thanks.
    The Yaris doesn't look Euro styled to me. Styling screams Asian. I don't like the front grill. I love the overall styling, though

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What I meant by Euro would be the long 5 door hatchback format . Hehe. Its a popular thing there.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    An inherent disadvantage of the diesel is the care for the turbo. You cannot rush it. Better to warm up a bit in the morning & cool down after. If you have to make frequent quick stops, the Yaris will be a better choice. If you make frequent, long drives like I do, the diesel is the better option. They have identical dimensions, it's the engines that sets them apart.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Jazz will be a good alternative between the two - great interior space, decent engine, good handling. However, if you are longing for a zippier drive with ample power and great handling, I'd go with a Fiesta Ecoboost.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    I owned a 2013 m/t accent hatch, and i think it can match its power to any 2.0 gasoline power car. Not so fast but its quick