New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi Guys,

A little help.

As a background to help you assess my needs

This is my first purchase. And frankly, I know zilch about cars (actually I have only been driving for 4 months and i'm still carrying a student license).

I'm a relatively tall guy (6') of average built.

This purchase is due a demand of my job. I would be doing sales in the near future and not only would I require a vehicle, I would be using it for long travels daily and is expecting to push the mileage through the limit.

Gas is a non-issue and so is maintenance.

I would need to purchase a vehicle by June and I'm looking at my options within th 850k price range.

Having said that, the two vehicles that seems to bring the best value for the buck and price range are the Ford Fiesta and Hyundai Accent Blue. To tell you the truth the only reason i had those two at the top are because of the technology. Aside from that, I'm relying mostly on user reviews and satisfaction here at tsikot.

Now though that the requirement is imminent, I decided to take more initiative and start an actual thread to seek help.

Please do. Thanks,

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Baka gusto mo i-consider yung Altis 1.6G kasi medyo malaking tao ka..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ +1

If not, then I'd say go for the Accent. Though it's not that sporty as the Fiesta. I find it small especially for tall people like you. The Jazz would be a better choice if you're gonna go for hatches.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    For you I think the Accent makes more sense... I have driven both cars the Fiesta I own the Accent test drove at the MIAS. The Accent is more roomy and has a big trunk, if you're a new driver then probably your not passionate about driving feel so the Accent is fine enough (although I felt its kinda like a Vios in terms of drive feel which is too numb for my taste).

Why don't you test drive both...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Masyado talaga magaan ang mga EPS. Pati yung mga KDM Tucson na naka-EPS numb ang feeling pero sarap sa parking, 1 finger FTW

Advantage naman ng EPS hindi na kasama sa load ng engine..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    If I am not mistake the Accent is using hydraulic PS (I remember may PS fluid pa ito) the Fiesta uses EPS. Pero even though EPS yung Fiesta maganda talaga ang tune ng steering very sharp and precise while still very light and nimble...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MDPS daw.. Motor Driven Power Steering.

Ewan ko kung ano yan. Wala ako nakitang PS Fluid reservoir sa engine bay..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    MDPS daw.. Motor Driven Power Steering.

Ewan ko kung ano yan. Wala ako nakitang PS Fluid reservoir sa engine bay..
    Pang-motor yung mechanism na ginamit ...

:rofl: joke.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Accent has more space and legroom than the Fiesta.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    ^ +1

If not, then I'd say go for the Accent. Though it's not that sporty as the Fiesta. I find it small especially for tall people like you. The Jazz would be a better choice if you're gonna go for hatches.
    Yun nga eh, Nagandahan pa naman ako ng sobra sa Fiesta, yun nga lang feeling ko ang baka ang liit tingnan sakin nung kotse, ofcourse yung SA from ford e todo deny :D
    One thing that my seniors advices me to get though is an automatic. and totoo nga naman na nakakapagod ang manual sa traffic. I'll just go with their exp and limit myself there.

Initially I considered Altis pero ang plain kasi ng itsura sobra (which is also my opinion on the jazz). What attracted me to the fiesta on the other hand is the look and the gadgets.

Also what got me looking sa accent, though I've yet to read on it as comprehensive as I did the fiesta...

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Hyundai Accent Blue versus Ford Fiesta Sport