New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I haven't heard an Accent knock yet but the Vios has a very faint knocking sound while accelerating or climbing a flyover. The manual says it's normal though. Must be something about these new fangled engines. It's an AT by the way so it's not driver error
    Last edited by JohnM; February 28th, 2012 at 06:18 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll be gearing towards Vios to be on the safe side since mahirap sumubok when talking about large sums of resources. This is my first car and I really want to get the pros and cons first before making the purchase. By the way, any idea kung kelan lalabas yung facelift ng Vios? The one that looks very much like Yaris?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Vios

The wifey drives a 2010 1.3E AT. Fuel consumption average is at 14 kms/litre (mixed highway/city), highway is around 18-19 kms/litre, this is as per my own calculations, which may differ with others. Engine performance is adequate for its size, even in AT form. Interior is roomy, and instrument controls simple (no fancy buttons). Fit and finish is Toyota top quality, although the seat backs are quite narrow (for me). Reliable everyday daily drive.

HAS GOOD RE-SALE VALUE TOO! .... I just had to emphasize that .. :D
    Sir lowslowbenz, meron bang pinagkaiba in terms of performance yung 1.3E at 1.3G na 2012 AT? Thanks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jrerivera View Post
    Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll be gearing towards Vios to be on the safe side since mahirap sumubok when talking about large sums of resources. This is my first car and I really want to get the pros and cons first before making the purchase. By the way, any idea kung kelan lalabas yung facelift ng Vios? The one that looks very much like Yaris?
    I'm pretty sure in the 2nd half of the year sya lalabas. If you could wait, get that nalng or wait for it and grab the outgoing Vios. I'm sure they're going to sell it with atleast 40k discount cgro if you wana save on cash.

good choice on the 1.3G. for 10K more you get the 15 inch rims instead of 14" and fog lamps. Not a bad deal! plus you can get that bronze color too.

I have yet to drive the New Accent but hey if you want to be extra sure with you're money, Toyota it is.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jrerivera View Post
    Sir lowslowbenz, meron bang pinagkaiba in terms of performance yung 1.3E at 1.3G na 2012 AT? Thanks
    No differences in performance. Same engine. Small feature set difference lang.

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ram_dlsu View Post
    I'm pretty sure in the 2nd half of the year sya lalabas. If you could wait, get that nalng or wait for it and grab the outgoing Vios. I'm sure they're going to sell it with atleast 40k discount cgro if you wana save on cash.

good choice on the 1.3G. for 10K more you get the 15 inch rims instead of 14" and fog lamps. Not a bad deal! plus you can get that bronze color too.

I have yet to drive the New Accent but hey if you want to be extra sure with you're money, Toyota it is.

Got my 1.3G A/T last Thursday. My first car. I must say, I'm pretty satisfied so far. Drove it from San Pablo, Laguna - Calamba - Los Baños - all the way to Lucena City in Quezon and gas consumption was pretty low. Really good deal!

Any chance you guys could recommend what good accessories to add?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bg32 View Post
    vios with a little margin but the vios is pricier than the accent
    This is true sa SRP, but when we asked for quotes sa hyundai and toyota, mas mura binigay na montly at down sa min sa vios, which is wierd kasi mas mura dapat accent. Which became one of the deciding factor aside from the engine knock problem of hyundai. Pero sa looks sarap tignan ng accent compared to vios.

Siguro look for promos na lang, currently may promo ang toyota pasong tamo sa ATC, malaki magbigay ng discount toyota sa promo, lalo na malapit na yung bagong vios, im sure kailangan nilang ubusin itong current.
    Last edited by BratPAQ; May 26th, 2012 at 07:50 AM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    Got my 1.3G A/T last Thursday. My first car. I must say, I'm pretty satisfied so far. Drove it from San Pablo, Laguna - Calamba - Los Baños - all the way to Lucena City in Quezon and gas consumption was pretty low. Really good deal!

Any chance you guys could recommend what good accessories to add?
    Congrats! Check mo yung aircon filter kung meron, yung amin na vios 1.3e AT walang laman, bumili pa ko during 1k pms, 900+ din. First few accessories that i will recommend (kung wala ka pa), rain visor (900), mud guard(900), tint sa windshield(from 800 to 2000).

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *BratPAQ : where did you get your rain visors from? At yung mudguards? Na Sabi nila masyadong maliit at useless na daw.

--

BTW, the 1.5G can be given to you 80k less by my SA.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I haven't heard an Accent knock yet but the Vios has a very faint knocking sound while accelerating or climbing a flyover. The manual says it's normal though. Must be something about these new fangled engines. It's an AT by the way so it's not driver error
    kaya nga ako nagtataka bakit over hyped yang knocking ng accent eh... sa vios meron din yan... hindi lang OC yung mga naka vios hehehe.... yung vios dati ng brother ko meron din faint knocking minsan kahit idle madidinig mo biglang may tok tok tok tapos mawawala... ganun din pag nag accelerate ka tapos medyo alanganin.. lalo pa pag biglang tapak sa gas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hyundai Accent 2012 1.4 GL AT vs. Toyota Vios 2012 1.3 G AT