New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Hi,

I am currently deciding which of these two (2) rides would be more economical, fuel-efficient, low-cost maintenance, and for long-term use. I've heard some issues about the engine knock of the Accent as well as the rather high FC of the 1.3G AT Vios though I have no solid figures yet. I'm planning to use this as our "everyday" car for the next five years or so that is why I really need to pick the better one. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    JR

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I'll take the Vios if you're after low maintenance and long-term use.

The Vios is proven even if it's going to be replaced within a year or so. The Accent is unproven and the kinks aren't even worked out yet (auto door lock issue, engine knock, etc).

I'd also consider the Vios, not just because it's already proven but also because it has an easier availability for spare parts and service.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    If it is for long term use I would take the Vios over the Accent

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Vios

The wifey drives a 2010 1.3E AT. Fuel consumption average is at 14 kms/litre (mixed highway/city), highway is around 18-19 kms/litre, this is as per my own calculations, which may differ with others. Engine performance is adequate for its size, even in AT form. Interior is roomy, and instrument controls simple (no fancy buttons). Fit and finish is Toyota top quality, although the seat backs are quite narrow (for me). Reliable everyday daily drive.

HAS GOOD RE-SALE VALUE TOO! .... I just had to emphasize that .. :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Vios for long term reliability and everyday use....Accent is still unproven to be reliable in the long term.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    in all aspects accent. price is lower and in quality you get just so much more for the price. the 2012 variants has no more engine knock issues they all have been recalled and i believe sa petron users lang sila mostly. based on other forums here. i think there was a thread llike this na before here. accent all the way.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    hi guys,which is more fuel efficient,accent 1.4mt or vios 1.3mt? TIA

9. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    vios with a little margin but the vios is pricier than the accent

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bg32 View Post
    in all aspects accent. price is lower and in quality you get just so much more for the price. the 2012 variants has no more engine knock issues they all have been recalled and i believe sa petron users lang sila mostly. based on other forums here. i think there was a thread llike this na before here. accent all the way.
    All aspects? Long term use and maintenance?

May knocking parin as per yung latest reflash. Hindi ganun ka-halata, pero meron parin daw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Hyundai Accent 2012 1.4 GL AT vs. Toyota Vios 2012 1.3 G AT