New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No Elantra pang laban nila duon, Accent is to fight Vios, City, Jazz, Yaris, Mazda 2 and Fiesta...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    While the prices are much the same, I'll have to consider the LOOKS and TORQUE . . . hands down to the Accent !

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    No Elantra pang laban nila duon, Accent is to fight Vios, City, Jazz, Yaris, Mazda 2 and Fiesta...
    Ayos, pero bat parang wala sa usapan ang elantra, yung segment pa naman na yan ang pinaka madugo ang bakbakan, hyundai has already made a mark on SUV's and CUV's with flying colors, I hope they come up with something on this segment.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    No sub compacts are now the place to fight not anymore compacts. Compacts like the Civic, Corolla and Lancer have eroding sales. While sales of Vios, City and the like are rising... Subcompact is the new battleground that's why Ford has joined the party...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    We need to test drive the Accent first to see if its at par with the handling of the Fiesta because that's the only thing we don't know so far. So for now I reserve comment. Pero from what I see the Accent is a tad better equipped. Its has leather seats and auto climate control while the Fiesta has a better head unit and hands free and voice functions. I really appreciate the hands free function though as now I don't have to tell people to call me later cause I am driving!

Cruze, sorry I don't like Government Motors...
    so pano yan tidus magsisi ka na. alam mo naman quality ng hyundai ngaun bec. u have sta fe too

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    No sub compacts are now the place to fight not anymore compacts. Compacts like the Civic, Corolla and Lancer have eroding sales. While sales of Vios, City and the like are rising... Subcompact is the new battleground that's why Ford has joined the party...
    yup talo lang bibile ng mga ganyan cars ngaun coz of the resale value, and no advantage at all coz 5 seaters din naman ang subcompacts.

the current civic/corolla/lancer

will be like the previous gen accord/camry/galant, mas mura pa sa civic/corolla/lancer counterparts nila noon

kung titignan nyo nga yun lancer / corolla ngaun sinlaki lang ng accord/mz6 noon araw so talaga gas guzzler by sedan standards.

yun civic lang ang medyo maliit pa tignan

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    so pano yan tidus magsisi ka na. alam mo naman quality ng hyundai ngaun bec. u have sta fe too
    Di naman JEW. While aminddo ako the Accent is also a very nice car, as I said before I am not in the market for a new car. I am in the market for a Fiesta its that or nothing else. Love at first sight eh, luho lang talaga Fiesta ko. Parang bumalik nga lang sakin pera ng Ford eh kasi when I sold my Ford shares the profit was enough to buy the Fiesta!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Thanks all for the comments. I guess we all have to wait for the test drive of the Accent to see how it fairs.

I like the Fiesta, the gadgets are neat, but it's not something i'll buy over than another car. Those gadgets can also be install after market. I was going to reserve a Fiesta, but waited for the Accent to arrive. Now that it arrived, im disappointed on the transmission, but the look, for me, i'd rather have the baby sonata look than baby tucson front.

The Cruze, although a different class, I must say, I love how it looks, so LS automatic is something i'm also considering. I love the blue color of the Cruze. When I saw their convoy going up to Tagaytay, I love how the blue stands out.

For Fiesta, i'm looking at chili Orange or Blue as well. But rear interior is small, but then again, so is my GC.

For Accent, Bronze. slap in 16" rims with low profile tires, pwede na to compete with looks.

I really taken out City and Vios because i've owned a Honda before, Vios, well, its an all around car, but I don't like the display, its in the center.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    If you are willing to wait for the Accent with 16" rims, mas ok. 300 units lang naman ng Accent blue yung naka leather seats with 14" rims..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wala na ba talaga ang leather seating ng Accent sa next batch? Hindi nila gagawing option? Sana naman pati 6 speed M/T at 6 speed A/T sinali nila sa next batch...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Hyundai Accent (2011) vs. Ford Fiesta vs. Chevy Cruze