New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay View Post
    OT: True, but you do have to admit (like in Hyundai's case), significant increases in sales growth signals that the company is selling a good car, and people are starting to notice.

Maraming dyan Toyota and Honda parin ang binibili just because they don't want to try some other brand kasi it is considered a major purchase item. It is too high a risk for them to try something else that they feel may not be as reliable as something they used to own before... but a lot of people just simply don't care to get for more information to arrive at a better decision. Susubok lang kung sobrang dami na nagsasabi sa kanila ng maganda yung car, then they will try (I think ganon din naman nangyari sa Honda dati, back when Nissan was still #2 or #3 sa passenger cars).

BTT: For the specific category of the 700k A/T car, Accent kukunin ko without blinking an eye (best overall bang-for-the-buck car in any segment for now, IMO). Ngayon nga, I cringe everytime I see City 1.3 na wala pang plates sa streets. About 83k more expensive than Accent without really having anything significantly better to offer. napapa-kamot ulo nalang ako sa mga solid Honda (This coming from a Honda City owner).
    ++ agree po. Jazz iDSi & Honda City 1.5E owner here

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Selling more does not mean its the better car. A lot of people are SHEEPS you know

YouTube - Hyundai Elantra "Sheep" Super Bowl Commercial
    I dont want to get personal, but many of your post are biased to the car youve purchased. You post things about numbers in other threads, but when people post numbers here, you comment negatively.

Face the fact that the accent will beat a lot of its competition.

You may have a lot of post sa tsikot, but it doesnt mean your credible. Yoi just have more time than others.

Just watch your post, you maybe rich to be able to buy many cars, at cash, but others can also do the same. Respect lang. If wala ka first hand experience, then watch your post.

Friendly advise sir. I guys nobody had the guts to post against you.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by machracer View Post
    Best bet is to buy the vios, it's a safe choice, well proven. And I have a feeling that even with the availability of the accent, the vios will continue to outsell because its a TOYOTA.
    I don't think so.

We have a 08 1.5G, and IMO the Accent is better.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    doesn't mean the car's a toyota its reliable.

doesn't mean the car's a hyundai its credible.

each has its pros and cons. face it.

and not every car being used as a taxi is good. thus, both ( vios & accent ) are also entitled to have defects.

there's no safe car. there's no perfect car.

your basis is your own preference. you like this. you don't like that.

best choice is, test drive them both to feel them. from there and then decide.

but if i were to pick between the two, i'd pick the hyundai accent. after riding in both. the accent feels more solid. well, atleast comparing the pre-facelifted models.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Agree ako kay renzo

But both are nice cars, but the vios is just too old in the market.

Add ninyo pa 5 years warranty ang hyundai.

Or maybe a better competition is ford fiesta. Both new in the market and pricing is almost the same.

Lalabas din hyundai ng 5 door. So perfect competition.

Between those two, fiesta vs accent, thats a hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    doesn't mean the car's a toyota its reliable.

doesn't mean the car's a hyundai its credible.

each has its pros and cons. face it.

and not every car being used as a taxi is good. thus, both ( vios & accent ) are also entitled to have defects.

there's no safe car. there's no perfect car.

your basis is your own preference. you like this. you don't like that.

best choice is, test drive them both to feel them. from there and then decide.

but if i were to pick between the two, i'd pick the hyundai accent. after riding in both. the accent feels more solid. well, atleast comparing the pre-facelifted models.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    Agree ako kay renzo

But both are nice cars, but the vios is just too old in the market.

Add ninyo pa 5 years warranty ang hyundai.

Or maybe a better competition is ford fiesta. Both new in the market and pricing is almost the same.

Lalabas din hyundai ng 5 door. So perfect competition.

Between those two, fiesta vs accent, thats a hard decision.
    yes yes agree..fiesta vs accent hard to decide indeed. Basta kung saan mas mura at mas maluwag doon ako but shoud be diesel.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    first of all thanks to all of you who shared your thoughts on this matter. to put an ending to this story let me tell you that im not one of those people who goes in a bank in the morning and get's home with a PO. it took me almost a week or so to get approved at 30%dp. after all of the mumbo jumbo with bank financing and with 2k worth of calls to i guess most hyundai branches, and guess what? there's no unit available! the sad part is not even one branch could promise when is the soonest i can have one, i mean how can you buy a car that does not exist. i got so frustrated that we've decided to go for the vios. i may regret this in the future but atleast i could have a car that's available now when we needed it the most. and for me, i guess that's where it matters. i don't know if you understand me when i say para akong nakikipag habulan sa pag kuha ng kotse na ito (accent). kung buong kotse ganito experience ko sa availability pano pa kaya sa parts?

i mean i love the look and feel of the accent but i can't wait until it becomes available, more so when you don't know when.

with everything said, it's vios for me... it would take miracle or divine intervention for me to get an accent.

again thank you very much to you all

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I dont want to get personal, but many of your post are biased to the car youve purchased. You post things about numbers in other threads, but when people post numbers here, you comment negatively.

Face the fact that the accent will beat a lot of its competition.

You may have a lot of post sa tsikot, but it doesnt mean your credible. Yoi just have more time than others.

Just watch your post, you maybe rich to be able to buy many cars, at cash, but others can also do the same. Respect lang. If wala ka first hand experience, then watch your post.

Friendly advise sir. I guys nobody had the guts to post against you.
    Obviously you don't know how to read.... Before you attack read first or understand first. Kinampihan ko nga yung Accent in this one diba? As I said the Vios sells a lot cause its the sheep mentality of people. I even used a Hyundai SHEEP ad. God, its ok when people attack me, pero attacking me tapos di naman marunong umintindi, that sucks!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Honestly, I also didn't know why the sudden rant about owning a particular car..

Anyway here's my opinion if i'm gonna buy with my own money or pick a prize from a contest and the vios and accent are only the choices.

1.3 J Vios M/T vs 1.4 Accent M/T - Accent
    1.3 E Vios A/T vs 1.4 Accent A/T - Accent
    1.5 G Vios A/T vs 1.6 Accent A/T - Vios

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Why Vios 1.5G over the Accent 1.6 GLS-Blue?

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
hyundai accent 2011 1.4AT vs vios 1.3e AT