New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    bossing when you go and see the accent i suggest lang naman to pls close your eyes and touch the car feel those ***y curves and the butt hmmm you may wanna slap it yeahh babeee hehe and in the inside feel the materials used. and after that go and touch the vios and city and feel if it will evoke the same emotion hehe

toyota and lalo na mga honda fanboys here is another buyer

kumbinsihin nyo naman to buy the vios or city baka sabihin nyo naman puro gatong kami eh hehe

eh pag napunta sila sa thread na ito eh hindi umaalis hangat hindi nakakbili ng accent eh hehe

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    No discount for accent.
    Never ko pa na encounter na new model ay discounted kaagad, Usually introductory price then after 6 mos dagdag presyo na. For hyundai hindi sila nag dagdag presyo like in the case of Tucon, ganoon pa rin Dapat lang mag offer ng discount ang toyota sa vios eh lumang model na rin naman yan.
    Kaya pala malaki din magbigay ng bonus ang HARI, malaki tubo since walang discount mga hot products nila. hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    OT:
    yes wala nga discount except sa mga model na iphase out dahil may new model na.
    Ahh wait meron rin pala sa mga naunang tucson back 2007, wala kasing pumapansin sa tucson noon. Nag discount 30K (if I remember it right). Bumili ako mid June that year. Wow katakot-takot na kantiyaw at negative feedback ang narinig ko sa mga kakilala, he, hee.. Sa lugar namin 2 tucson lang ang nakikita ko at that time. But.. lahat ng nangantiyaw ay nagbago ang pananaw ng ipadrive ko sa kanila ang unit ko, gulat sila sa hatak lalo na kinabitan pa ng "enhancement chip". Mga hyundai convert na nga ang iba sa kanila. Latest was 2 months ago, a toyota fan boy (all his cars before were toyota) driving a Dubai version Prado. Ayon bumili ng first gen accent for his father.Tuwang-tuwa minsan nakipaghabulan sa isang volvo badge car sa star toll (di nya nakuha ang exact model), nilagpasan daw nya at hindi na nakahabol .

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    There's nothing wrong in buying a best-seller here in the Philippines. The resale is very good. 1st gen Vioses cost only 100k less than a same 2nd gen Camry. It is manufactured here in the Philippines. Parts and maintenance will be very very affordable. The space at the back is spacious. Nothing wrong with the Vios in my honest opinion.

Resale and Sales of the new Accent we just need to wait and see.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    accent na yan! may nakita akong accent sa parking lot last weekend, sarap sa mata. parang hindi sub-compact ang dating!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    All I see here is that the accent is better because its new and looks better and has more power on paper

what i wanna hear is from the actual 1st hand experience of someone who actually drove the car. ya, it has the bigger engine, but what about power to weight ratio? or the gearing of the car? honestly i never heard from any1 test driving this car.

Best bet is to buy the vios, it's a safe choice, well proven. And I have a feeling that even with the availability of the accent, the vios will continue to outsell because its a TOYOTA.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by machracer View Post
    All I see here is that the accent is better because its new and looks better and has more power on paper

what i wanna hear is from the actual 1st hand experience of someone who actually drove the car. ya, it has the bigger engine, but what about power to weight ratio? or the gearing of the car? honestly i never heard from any1 test driving this car.

Best bet is to buy the vios, it's a safe choice, well proven. And I have a feeling that even with the availability of the accent, the vios will continue to outsell because its a TOYOTA.
    There are various stories from various Accent owners in the Accent thread and they are really convincing. As for power to weight ratio, the 1.4M/T (I can't seem to find the curb weight of the A/T) is at 104.35ps/ton, higher than even the Vios 1.5G's 96.83ps/ton. As for the gearing of the A/T, IMHO there's no problem with that even if it is bad since there is manual shift override.

IMHO, even being a Toyota isn't enough for the Vios to maintain its top spot. Just look at the time when Accent CRDi cabs started flooding the streets. When has there been a time when you actually see more Accent cabs than Vios cabs everyday? Perhaps not long after we're going to see Accent cop cars as well?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Selling more does not mean its the better car. A lot of people are SHEEPS you know

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UZeewRUfsI"]YouTube - Hyundai Elantra "Sheep" Super Bowl Commercial[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Selling more does not mean its the better car. A lot of people are SHEEPS you know
    OT: True, but you do have to admit (like in Hyundai's case), significant increases in sales growth signals that the company is selling a good car, and people are starting to notice.

Maraming dyan Toyota and Honda parin ang binibili just because they don't want to try some other brand kasi it is considered a major purchase item. It is too high a risk for them to try something else that they feel may not be as reliable as something they used to own before... but a lot of people just simply don't care to get for more information to arrive at a better decision. Susubok lang kung sobrang dami na nagsasabi sa kanila ng maganda yung car, then they will try (I think ganon din naman nangyari sa Honda dati, back when Nissan was still #2 or #3 sa passenger cars).

BTT: For the specific category of the 700k A/T car, Accent kukunin ko without blinking an eye (best overall bang-for-the-buck car in any segment for now, IMO). Ngayon nga, I cringe everytime I see City 1.3 na wala pang plates sa streets. About 83k more expensive than Accent without really having anything significantly better to offer. napapa-kamot ulo nalang ako sa mga solid Honda (This coming from a Honda City owner).

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    tinatanong pa ba yan?

ACCENT na, over populated na ng vios ang mga kalsada in the metro. It's time to switch for something new.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
hyundai accent 2011 1.4AT vs vios 1.3e AT