New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I own them both but can't figure out which one is easier to import. The Mercedes Benz ML 430 is from 1999, made in USA. Volvo made in Sweden 2004.

I'm going back to Manila in 3 weeks and still haven't figured out how much customs will tax me. Do you guys know just by estimates what the duties will be?

Need real expert advice. Remember...I don't need 2 cars. If you've done this many, many times before, let me know. Open to suggestions/trade/ideas...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The most hassle-free way to deal with your car problem is to sell them both and just buy a car here. Unless you're connected to the higher echelons of Govt here (like Ofc of the president), they will milk you dry and there's a high possibility you'll be paying far more than you're prepared to, far more than the amount of your car.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    The most hassle-free way to deal with your car problem is to sell them both and just buy a car here. Unless you're connected to the higher echelons of Govt here (like Ofc of the president), they will milk you dry and there's a high possibility you'll be paying far more than you're prepared to, far more than the amount of your car.
    +1 on this

and TS, if you can afford those kind of cars, you can afford a newer locally-available one or two.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yep sell them nalang and buy a new car.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008

Alam mo naman po dito sa Pilipinas... Hahaha! Better sell those vehicles then buy a new one here.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Eto sir oh

http://www.ayosdito.ph/CALABARZON/11...mc=xc90&xtcr=1

3.62M hanap ka nalang po! hehehe

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Oh HELL NO. It's that expensive here? Sheesh. Only paid less than $25,000 for mine.

Kinda regret moving back...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skeptic View Post
    Oh HELL NO. It's that expensive here? Sheesh. Only paid less than $25,000 for mine.

Kinda regret moving back...
    yup, that's why this place is called the Philippines

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Just buy a Dodge Nitro. Costs 1.95M. And atleast it's brand spanking new.

Nothing's cheap here. Even a single flat tops candy is priced at P2 each in some sari sari stores.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Huge Conflict: Mercedes ML or Volvo XC90 T5...