New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Nov 2013
    What is better, high ps but lower torque or low ps but higher torque?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    city driving you'd prefer more torque

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    A good balance between the two will be much better. The key though is at what RPM will the max power and torque will be reached.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    torque.

kaya hindi ako bumibili ng honda. taas nga ng rated hp e nasa 7000 rpm naman. sa normal driving 1000-2000 rpm walang kalatoy-latoy. yung civic ng friend ko konting incline lang need pa paabutin ng 3000+ rpm para maka-akyat. sa humps lang nga e 3000 rpm na hahaha! baklitang kotse!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Torque

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    torque.

kaya hindi ako bumibili ng honda. taas nga ng rated hp e nasa 7000 rpm naman. sa normal driving 1000-2000 rpm walang kalatoy-latoy. yung civic ng friend ko konting incline lang need pa paabutin ng 3000+ rpm para maka-akyat. sa humps lang nga e 3000 rpm na hahaha! baklitang kotse!
    Maybe the older Civics, City, or Jazz but not the bigger Hondas. Not all Honda's are the same. My old Honda can be rev-happy if I floor the gas but I definitely have enough torque at 2000 rpm. The newer Hondas with the R-series and K-series engines are well-suited enough for the daily commute.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Depends on the RPM graph.

"VTEC kicked in yooooooo!!"

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The 1.3L i-VTEC engines that Honda puts on the City and Jazz needs the extra pressure on the gas pedal to make it run at an acceptable cruise. Even the 1.5L still lacks the extra pull when needed at low rpm.

If you want the extra torque, go get yourself a bigger engine. There is no replacement for displacement, unless you go the turbo path.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jhnkvn View Post
    Depends on the RPM graph.

"VTEC kicked in yooooooo!!"
    Curious lang sir, san galing yang quote? been seeing that here in H-car bashing threads.

i did see an EK / EG (forgot if hatch or sedan, too young then) with decals at the back: "When VTEC kicks in, i'm gone...."

probably dead now.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    torque.

+1 on this!
    Yung sa kibigan ko na civic, kapag aatras lang sa hindi ganun ka flat surface(medyo maalon na terrain) Kelangan pa paabutin ng 1000 rpm mahigit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast