New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciple View Post
    Ive check mine. Listed the mileage from when ive got it then full tank gas and use the car as usuall driving. From half tank i got 175km x2 for the full tank should be 350km. Divide by the tank capacity i got 9.72km/l on a city drive.

Dont know if its normal because i kept seeing in post that they are having 13-16km/l here. I think ill have my car checked up
    as mentioned by others, 9km/l to a max of 10km/l is par for the course for city driving with the i-dsi city.

I think the 13-16km/l you are recalling is for mixed/highway driving, not city. I was able to get 16km/l on the i-dsi before, while on mixed conditions 12-13km/l was completely achieveable.

Higher than 16km/l for highway driving, I haven't ever gotten in the i-dsi, but that might also be because travelling at only 60 to 70kph on the highway would be too boring for me and a bit risky as I might fall asleep or not be keeping up with other's on the same highway so impractical and unsafe.

Hope that helps.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    as mentioned by others, 9km/l to a max of 10km/l is par for the course for city driving with the i-dsi city.

I think the 13-16km/l you are recalling is for mixed/highway driving, not city. I was able to get 16km/l on the i-dsi before, while on mixed conditions 12-13km/l was completely achieveable.

Higher than 16km/l for highway driving, I haven't ever gotten in the i-dsi, but that might also be because travelling at only 60 to 70kph on the highway would be too boring for me and a bit risky as I might fall asleep or not be keeping up with other's on the same highway so impractical and unsafe.

Hope that helps.
    Oooppsss sorry,- I failed to read/realize that it was iDSI... I had one iDSI Jazz before and the fuel rate consumption is about the same....

I was talking about a VTEC City in my earlier post,- and about the same fuel rate consumption.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Oooppsss sorry,- I failed to read/realize that it was iDSI... I had one iDSI Jazz before and the fuel rate consumption is about the same....

I was talking about a VTEC City in my earlier post,- and about the same fuel rate consumption.
    Its been quite a while since ive tested my fuel economy. Ive download an app from playstore and listed everytime i gas up. Sad to say im only getting 8km/l from mix driving city and highway.

ive downloaded an app which i noted down all the details of my car. Last time i got from a full tank was 64km. Went back the next day for full tank and got an average of 8.21km/l.

Sad to say im not satisfied with the result. What dobyou think is the problem? What do you suggest?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciple View Post
    Its been quite a while since ive tested my fuel economy. Ive download an app from playstore and listed everytime i gas up. Sad to say im only getting 8km/l from mix driving city and highway.

ive downloaded an app which i noted down all the details of my car. Last time i got from a full tank was 64km. Went back the next day for full tank and got an average of 8.21km/l.

Sad to say im not satisfied with the result. What dobyou think is the problem? What do you suggest?
    automatic transmission?
    traffic situation?
    both of them contribute to increased fuel consumption.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Honda's City and Jazz: Fuel Consumption