Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    How about for 2018 models?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by axilmarimam View Post
    How about for 2018 models?
    It's the same platform with the same engine and tranny for the Jazz since 2014 so fuel consumption will be the same.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I'm curious, what kind of driving nets you 13 km/L in the city but only 15 km/L on the highway? Those figures seem like "city driving" is EDSA on a Sunday midnight.

From my experience (usually Pasig-BGC-QC-Pasig), I get about 8 km/L. If I go to Makati my FC drops to about 7 km/L. However, the moment I bring my car out on the highway, I get 16 km/L. And the same is true for all other cars I've driven - city and highway consumption are quite far apart.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Im also curious. Btw im a new city 2008 user. Just recently bought from local sellers. Ive computed the kp/l on full tank to half to a 3.3 kl/l if my calculations are correct. Ive only run 122 km from full tank and its half tank now. So if i run another half that would be 6.65 kl/l? Am i the only one getting this reading? Feeling ko talaga medyo malakas sa gas city ko. 1200cc city 2008. Ano kaya solution dito? And how do you correctly compute the mileage?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciple View Post
    Im also curious. Btw im a new city 2008 user. Just recently bought from local sellers. Ive computed the kp/l on full tank to half to a 3.3 kl/l if my calculations are correct. Ive only run 122 km from full tank and its half tank now. So if i run another half that would be 6.65 kl/l? Am i the only one getting this reading? Feeling ko talaga medyo malakas sa gas city ko. 1200cc city 2008. Ano kaya solution dito? And how do you correctly compute the mileage?
    Is this the MT or CVT?

Also, it is 1300cc right, not 1200cc for that 2008 model. iDsi?

6.65km/l is a bit low for the 1.3 i-dsi city. We were encountering those figures when we needed to change oil, sparks and CVTF. After that, we were back up to 8 to 9km/l for QC-MKTI-QC daily route of my brother.

EDIT: Not saying you need to replace sparks, just have it checked.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Is this the MT or CVT?

Also, it is 1300cc right, not 1200cc for that 2008 model. iDsi?

6.65km/l is a bit low for the 1.3 i-dsi city. We were encountering those figures when we needed to change oil, sparks and CVTF. After that, we were back up to 8 to 9km/l for QC-MKTI-QC daily route of my brother.

EDIT: Not saying you need to replace sparks, just have it checked.
    It is automatic cvt city 2008 idsi. Im still in the testing area for the km/l. I still have half a tank. Maybe ill know it by my next full tank. I just cant wait. Maybe its the spark plugs because when i brought it to the mechanic they didnt inspect or open it. They only check real quick on the fluids. Im excited to get that 13 km/l on city driving. This is why i bought it. Thanks

Edit: also im now at 122km from my last full tank so im gussing ill also have that figure for that another half, more or less

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    do you use your car's computation?
    this is how i do mine.

i load my fuel when the fuel gauge points to a "certain mark". i use the "zero" mark.
    some use the fuel warning light, but that may be too gamble-y to some. but if your fuel gauge does not use a needle, but uses bars, this second system is probably what you can do.
    then i zero my tripmeter.
    then i use the car in the usual manner.
    when the fuel gauge points to that "certain mark", i use the formula

km traveled dibay dibay liters loaded = km/li.
    i re-fill with a thousand bucks of fuel.

computing it by km / tank is hideously in-accurate.
    Last edited by dr. d; February 20th, 2020 at 07:55 PM.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    do you use your car's computation?
    this is how i do mine.

i load my fuel when the fuel gauge points to a "certain mark". i use the "zero" mark.
    some use the fuel warning light, but that may be too gamble-y to some. but if your fuel gauge does not use a needle, but uses bars, this second system is probably what you can do.
    then i zero my tripmeter.
    then i use the car in the usual manner.
    when the fuel gauge points to that "certain mark", i use the formula

km traveled dibay dibay liters loaded = km/li.
    i re-fill with a thousand bucks of fuel.

computing it by km / tank is hideously in-accurate.
    Ive check mine. Listed the mileage from when ive got it then full tank gas and use the car as usuall driving. From half tank i got 175km x2 for the full tank should be 350km. Divide by the tank capacity i got 9.72km/l on a city drive.

Dont know if its normal because i kept seeing in post that they are having 13-16km/l here. I think ill have my car checked up

8. Join Date
    May 2019
    Ive check mine. Listed the mileage from when ive got it then full tank gas and use the car as usuall driving. From half tank i got 175km x2 for the full tank should be 350km. Divide by the tank capacity i got 9.72km/l on a city drive.

Dont know if its normal because i kept seeing in post that they are having 13-16km/l here. I think ill have my car checked up
    Here’s how I do mine:

1) Fill tank in full, and reset your odometer to zero.
    2) Drive it
    3) After about a 1/4 of fuel left (let’s say 331 km), fill it up again in full.
    4) Divide the total kms driven to total liters filled to your tank.

Example: 331 kilometers on odometer; 37 liters to fill tank in full.

331/37=8.945 Km/L

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

be aware that we do not all do the same traffic or un-traffic.
    inquire what type of traffic the post-er does.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro - 9km per liter is just about right for a City or Jazz here in the Metro traffic... This is my experience.

"Some are (have) 'more traffic' than the others"...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Honda's City and Jazz: Fuel Consumption