New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanker2000 View Post
    It's been said that the reliability and quality of Honda and Toyota here in the Philippines are uncontest....So what's your choice fellow tsikoteers Short justification would be good.
    sa durability tested na ang toyota. pero i go for honda. mas mataas kasi resale value. tapos halos complete package. power, comfort, and elegance.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Toyota for me

a good justification for reliability = making it TAXIs (Revo, Corolla, Vios)of the Philippines. grabe ang abuse sa engine, exterior & interior pag ginawang taxi..

In addition, Police Patrol cars pa pala.

Been a Honda owner since '94 - their quality seems to be deteriorating. thats why we sold all our hondas and shift to Toyota
    7th & 8th gen Civics - recalls left & right. too much complains
    2nd gen CRV -oil leaks (2li. iVTEC engines), AC / AC switch etc.
    Jazz - wrong CVT fluid placed (recall)

Is it just PH models or same with abroad?

its just me. hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I figured this is a good place to post this.

With a new addition to the family, all delusions of me owning a souped up compact car is long gone. Reality of life says I need a minivan. Besides, the wife insists we get a minivan.

With the $20k limit I set for myself, I thought my choices would be limited to say, a used Kia Sedona. But, the public's current love affair with SUV's have allowed a used, not-too old Toyota Sienna and Honda Odyssey to be within my price limit.

Problem is, I'm not sure which one is the better minivan. I initially thought the Honda Odyssey was better. But then, we have a neighbor who owns a Sienna and insists it's the better minivan.

I test drove both. As for preference, I'm right down the middle.

Sample Sienna:
    Yahoo Used Sienna

Sample Odyssey:
    Yahoo Used Odyssey

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    Honda...difficult to find, mas konti kasi. I find their after-sales policy a bit arrogant.
    This also applies to Toyota. Hell, they even go as far as voiding your warranty if you use your own oil!

Toyota service isn't exactly cheap. For my Avanza, 1000 and 5000 km service is around 1000 pesos using their el chepo mineral oil and free labor. 10000 km cost over 3000, again using their rebaged oil. Dont know how much Honda charges for service.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Toyota.. if you go for comfort and a daily commuter-feel vehicle.
    Honda... if you go for performance and a daily track-feel vehicle.

Well, biased ako. I feel a lot more exciting driving a Honda.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Loyalty is a must. HONDA!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Ako depende sa model ng honda or toyota.....

Pag sa mga sedan sympre hands down CIVIC.....

Sa Crossover naman(sosy na yung term :bwahaha: ) eh parehang kwitis ang CRV and RAV4 ......(actually lamang ng konti ang crv kasi yung binili namin eh )

Pero pag sa Luxury-sedan eh Camry ako......(ang angas....Lexus na Lexus...)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ever heard of the sludge issue on vvti engines?

Mas gusto ko na ngayon ang honda kaysa toyota. I drive a corolla tho. Hehe.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Honda Civic vs Toyota Altis - See above

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I had my choice and I picked Hondas because damn it, they just feel better and more exciting to drive everyday. It doesn't even matter if they're old (used to drive a 1999 City, based on a 1988 Civic chassis) or new (2005 Jazz).

Used to be a Toyota loyalist growing up, but now I can't stand driving their cars. I find them boring.

I agree on the suspension opinions; Toyota's springs and dampers don't seem to hold up well over the years.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda Vs Toyota