The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Where is a Honda Pilot built then?

Thailand?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Oh, an old man. He should check first if he's ok with the ingress of an SUV which is way higher than a minivan. His bones (and uric acid issues - common to old folks) might get in the way.

I have an acquaintance (about 60+). He loves his merc sedan a lot but it's giving him lower-back pains so he regularly drives his lite-Ace instead or his Cherokee (which is a mini- SUV).

He might like the Subaru Forester or XV though. Good luck. It's a nice problem he has. hehe

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Where is a Honda Pilot built then?

Thailand?
    last i heard it is/was imported from the usa
    Last edited by baludoy; November 19th, 2014 at 03:25 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    used to have an explorer and driven the pilot numerous times in the states. honestly the explorer in my opinion is the best in it's class. i have a company issued land cruiser vx+ and still love the explorer over that. before i got the explorer i was choosing between the cx9 and explorer, even with the yojin3 of the cx9 i'd still pick the explorer again and again. i'd probably get another one in the future if budget permits.

anyway owned the explorer almost 3 years and never had any issues with it besides the exhaust fumes. after the fix that ford did the smell lessened to about 90% to the point it never bothered me again. also go with the v6, i don't really see any reason why anyone would go with the 2.0 version of the explorer since FC and price has minimal difference.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    On the Explorer, any recommendations between the 2.0 Ecoboost and the 3.5 V6? Is there any truth as well to the cabin smelling like exhaust fumes?
    Don't make the car so complicated to turbo boost etc... just to get that extra power that a standard 3.5 engine can provided. Gas consumption wise, there's not too much of a difference.

As for the fume thing, you can check the explorer thread and there's a couple of discussion on that lately. Back read the last few pages.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Explorer or cx9 for me. Ewan ko pero wala talagang kadating dating para sakin ang pilot. With this price point may wow na dapat e. Parang sa explorer. Pero sa pilot wala. Kamukha nya ang 1st gen everest.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    + 1 on the Explorer spacious
    Ok na din yung 2.0 ecoboost more than 200hp na din and konti lang
    diff. sa 3.5 V6

4wd is okay
    Pilot is rare in the Philippines(parts is a problem)
    Higher ground clearance

May I suggest the Chevy traverse and Tahoe or the Toyota prado 4.5 v6

8. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Seems like majority in this site favor the Explorer or the CX9. The Explorer could have been the runaway favorite if not for the exhaust fume cabin leak. That's also why we considered the Pilot, it's a compromise in all aspects, sort of like a jack of all trades if you will.

The Prado like the Pajero is too tall and quite cramped in the 3rd row. It will have a hard time replacing a mini-van.

Will keep you guys posted.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger75 View Post
    Seems like majority in this site favor the Explorer or the CX9. The Explorer could have been the runaway favorite if not for the exhaust fume cabin leak. That's also why we considered the Pilot, it's a compromise in all aspects, sort of like a jack of all trades if you will.

The Prado like the Pajero is too tall and quite cramped in the 3rd row. It will have a hard time replacing a mini-van.

Will keep you guys posted.
    I got my Pilot last year after 3 months of exhausting deliberation on w/c SUV to get. To simplify my basis, The pilot has the following points that made me decide to get it:

1) The ground clearance is not bad for an SUV especially for seniors who have difficulty with the high vehicle ground clearance like the Patrol, Land Cruiser, etc.

2) The interior cabin space fits 8 adult Caucasians or equivalent comfortably, what more for Filipinos?

3) No car manufacturer is w/o problems with their models. Honda has their reliability and warranty to boot.

4) Ride comfort especially the suspensions are spot on. I'm not a racer so speed isn't in my criteria.

5) The SUV market isn't as big as we perceive it. I'm just happy that mine is different than most models I see and besides the Pilot being not so popular doesn't mean it isn't reliable.

6) The sound system is good plus the dash perks are simply idiot proof. Cabin is so quiet.

7) It has a lot of air bags.

I'm turning 50 in a couple of months and yes I believe I'm getting old so my criteria in buying an SUV or any other vehicle has changed from popularity and coolness factor to practicality and comfort. Fuel consumption is hardly a subject I'd touch when it comes to the vehicle of your choice in today's traffic. FYI, I tested almost all the SUV available during my 3-month deliberation and the PILOT just simply suited me. Test them all and see what catches your DAD's fancy. After all these SUV's aren't cheap so test and test until your satisfied.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by willyfernando View Post
    I got my Pilot last year after 3 months of exhausting deliberation on w/c SUV to get. To simplify my basis, The pilot has the following points that made me decide to get it:

1) The ground clearance is not bad for an SUV especially for seniors who have difficulty with the high vehicle ground clearance like the Patrol, Land Cruiser, etc.

2) The interior cabin space fits 8 adult Caucasians or equivalent comfortably, what more for Filipinos?

3) No car manufacturer is w/o problems with their models. Honda has their reliability and warranty to boot.

4) Ride comfort especially the suspensions are spot on. I'm not a racer so speed isn't in my criteria.

5) The SUV market isn't as big as we perceive it. I'm just happy that mine is different than most models I see and besides the Pilot being not so popular doesn't mean it isn't reliable.

6) The sound system is good plus the dash perks are simply idiot proof. Cabin is so quiet.

7) It has a lot of air bags.

I'm turning 50 in a couple of months and yes I believe I'm getting old so my criteria in buying an SUV or any other vehicle has changed from popularity and coolness factor to practicality and comfort. Fuel consumption is hardly a subject I'd touch when it comes to the vehicle of your choice in today's traffic. FYI, I tested almost all the SUV available during my 3-month deliberation and the PILOT just simply suited me. Test them all and see what catches your DAD's fancy. After all these SUV's aren't cheap so test and test until your satisfied.
    Thanks for your first-hand input. We have scheduled a test drive with the Pilot and will see from there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast