New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    The Fiesta is more sportier and quite frankly accelerates better than the Ecosport. Mas bagay sya for singles na wala pang pamilya... I would avoid both and the Focus hahahahaha. So many issues!
    My Fiesta Ecoboost has been a good daily car for the last 3 years and I still love driving it. My wife drives it also when we need to bring two vehicles. It drives better than my other quicker/faster vehicle. It's a good car for a family of 3 to 4 people; it is just too cramped to have 3 people on the rear seats. I dread the thought of encountering issues with as it gave me no problems since.

My friend drives the Focus Ecoboost. The new 6-speed AT tranny seems to be working well compared to the clanky DCT of the previous generation. The only issue he has with it is the fuel consumption which is more like 6-7 km/L on city routes.

It's a gamble though for other local buyers on choosing a Ford. Most buyers don't want to be in that situation wondering they may face issues with the car later on.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My Fiesta Ecoboost has been a good daily car for the last 3 years and I still love driving it. My wife drives it also when we need to bring two vehicles. It drives better than my other quicker/faster vehicle. It's a good car for a family of 3 to 4 people; it is just too cramped to have 3 people on the rear seats. I dread the thought of encountering issues with as it gave me no problems since.

My friend drives the Focus Ecoboost. The new 6-speed AT tranny seems to be working well compared to the clanky DCT of the previous generation. The only issue he has with it is the fuel consumption which is more like 6-7 km/L on city routes.

It's a gamble though for other local buyers on choosing a Ford. Most buyers don't want to be in that situation wondering they may face issues with the car later on.
    I got paranoid reading all those issues online about DCT. Hinataw ko na ug ecosport para magkaalaman na. So far I have only experienced the jerking which I believe is normal with dry clutch vehicles. Lately I installed an android HU as I find the panel ugly.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I got paranoid reading all those issues online about DCT. Hinataw ko na ug ecosport para magkaalaman na. So far I have only experienced the jerking which I believe is normal with dry clutch vehicles. Lately I installed an android HU as I find the panel ugly.

DCT feels more at home on the highway or when driven in high gears. The clanky nature is most felt on low gears, specially to those adjusting to DCT from common AT or CVT. To those just new with DCT, try modulating gas input like when driving an MT tranny and it will be much better.

I'm ok with the menu on my Fiesta - less graphics, less distraction. I do wish Ford will put a turbo timer or a turbo pressure gauge monitor for the future Fiesta/Focus/Ecosport models with Ecoboost engines.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post

Nice HU. Touch screen? How do you reach it while driving? Medyo recessed yung screen ng Ecosport ah.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    DCT feels more at home on the highway or when driven in high gears. The clanky nature is most felt on low gears, specially to those adjusting to DCT from common AT or CVT. To those just new with DCT, try modulating gas input like when driving an MT tranny and it will be much better.

or run it like a semi-auto. i.e. use "S" mode. rev in 1st. let go of gas. click up to shift to 2nd. rinse, repeat

in "D" mode it shifts even while your RPMs are high i cringe a little whenever it does that

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Nice HU. Touch screen? How do you reach it while driving? Medyo recessed yung screen ng Ecosport ah.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Yup, touch screen bro. You need to reach out to hit the soft buttons for waze, spotify and other apps. The steering wheel controls are still working for placing/answering calls, volume and channels.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    or run it like a semi-auto. i.e. use "S" mode. rev in 1st. let go of gas. click up to shift to 2nd. rinse, repeat

in "D" mode it shifts even while your RPMs are high i cringe a little whenever it does that
    With the Fiesta Ecoboost, I have observed that the power delivery is more linear when the tranny is set in "D". When set at "S", the revs go higher quicker but it gets clankier in low gears. "S" mode is better on the highway when you want the revs to go high and let the car loose at triple digits speeds (above 150 kmh).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017

In the comparison between both the segment, if you are seeking
    • Absolute Convenience of Drive including Self Driven or Family Member with slight Short Height
    • Easily Manoeuvrable with Impressive Steering Dynamics
    • Good Build Quality, Reliability, Features
    • Des

cent Mileage Output of almost 14 Kmpl in City to around 16+ on highway

Would recommend to choose in Honda Jazz
    View more comparison b/w Honda jazz vs ford ecosport

9. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by matthewpark84 View Post
    thinking of getting either:

A. Honda jazz (2009-2012) used 1.3s
    B. Honda jazz (2009-2012) used 1.5v
    C. Ford ecosport trend m/t

I'll be using it for daily city driving from qc to pasay then to bulacan on weekends.

Passengers would be my preggy wife.

This would be my first car and need to have it before the baby comes out.

Jazz 1.5v po because of the spacious and configurative seating. Resale value is also high when you opt to sell it in the future.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456