New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As of now tama talaga yan comparison logic mo Apples to Sayote.

But...he he he yung kapit bahay namin na may Jazz (blue color also) na intriga sa Benni kasi although nahihiya, lagi ang sama ng tingin sa Benni almost the same size kasi

Body Designed by Italians - Dito lang lamang ang Benni

Sa Jazz muna ako dito pero watch out guys if Chana continues to improve their engineering prowess or leadership (it shows naman sa on how the Benni was executed), give it less than 5 years baka maging Apples to Chinese Red Apples na ang comparison.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I don't want to be biased but it has been shown that most Chinese-made cars fail miserably on crash tests. In my opinion that is a very huge factor for deciding what car to get. Do you think your life is not worth the extra P200,000?

*overboost, lamang rin naman yung projector headlights di ba? Sa bagay, not sure pa tayo sa final specs of the upcoming Jazz. Coming from a Benni owner, I was a bit surprised that the Jazz still got your vote.

*mbeige, crash tests are important, yes. But there are so many factors during crashes. And with Manila driving conditions, crashes will probably not be high speeds. So crash test results won't necessarily make up for 200k. Besides, CB already has dual airbags standard.

[SIZE="1"]Footnote - For those who don't get the Apples vs Sayote comparison, McDo Apple pies were called "sayote pies" once upon a time. Probably one of those urban legends a decade ago, to pull down Ronald's rep.[/SIZE]
    Last edited by paolorenzo; July 17th, 2008 at 11:02 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess it boils down to what you're looking for in the sub-compact car category. Yes, the CB has all the bells and whistles at a lower price but you can't ignore the niggling concerns on build quality, durability, parts and service availability and resale value --- which advantages the Jazz comes with.

Maybe those who brought in CB would do well to become more aggressive with their products and after-sales service (i.e. number of dealers, service centers, parts and accessories), as well as hype (events or promos using their vehicles). That's how the Japanese car brands built their market share here and its a good model to follow.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill still go with the jazz on this...

three reasons:
    higher resale value
    better technology
    better durability

kung yung comparo is about the company car. after 5 years do you have the option of buying the car? sa given budget, yung matira sayo na ba?

kung pareho yes, then CB it is. walang kahirap hirap na 200k, then no upgrades kasi sayang naman kung ICE, HID, etcetera dun mo lang lalagay.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by paolorenzo View Post
    *overboost, lamang rin naman yung projector headlights di ba? Sa bagay, not sure pa tayo sa final specs of the upcoming Jazz. Coming from a Benni owner, I was a bit surprised that the Jazz still got your vote.

*mbeige, crash tests are important, yes. But there are so many factors during crashes. And with Manila driving conditions, crashes will probably not be high speeds. So crash test results won't necessarily make up for 200k. Besides, CB already has dual airbags standard.

[SIZE=1]Footnote - For those who don't get the Apples vs Sayote comparison, McDo Apple pies were called "sayote pies" once upon a time. Probably one of those urban legends a decade ago, to pull down Ronald's rep.[/SIZE]
    You're right, there are many factors in a crash. One of them is technological advancement in the field of automotive research, which Honda has quite a good background in, and have applied it to all their cars with good results so far. That's why large car companies that have succeeded, continue to succeed, because of the information they acquire through their research, and their application of this technology to their cars.

Dual airbags won't help if the crumple zones don't do their job. The Chinese SUV had airbags too, I believe, and still failed miserably. Airbags are part of the SRS - supplementary restraint system and as such, are just a supplementary safety feature. The primary ones are crumple zones and seat belts.

The Jazz is simply far more advanced than the CB in all aspects. That commands the extra P200k. Besides, the CB is more of the Cherry QQ league than the Jazz. Are you saying that the Jazz is just a Channa Benni without the extra P200,000? Of course not, and that's why many people opt for the Jazz.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    kung ano kaya ng budget dun ako... why spend more on something with the same purpose?? if your purpose is just to drive to get to your destination then ok na ang benni... be practical now that all have price increase... ang question lang talaga sa benni is reliability... but look at other brands like honda now some encountering problems with their CVT...honda is not that good after all..

pero kung gusto nang additional porma, looks, jazz talaga panalo....

yung cherry q and benni ang mag ka tapat.. better alternatives than buying 2nd hand cars.. at least brandnew with warranty pa.. this gives more filipinos a chance of owning brandnew

safety?? bakit pag mahulugan ka ng armored truck from skyway do you think mas ligtas ka sa jazz compared sa benni?? i dont think so.. or while cruising slex biglang may out of control na bus then diretso sayo or may isang dumptruck na walang preno tapos diretso din sayo??

pambenta lang ng mga automakers yung mga crash test na yan...kung barumbado ka mag drive at kaskasero ka kahit anong auto pa yan at puno ng airbags at kung ano ano pang controls pag oras mo na kukunin ka na ni Lord..

ingat sa pag drive yan ang 100% safety...defensive driving, and drive at a normal pace.. hindi yung bibilis babagal, tapos biglang liko

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Reliability and safety goes beyond crashes. Eh di ka nga nabangga pero sirain naman makina mo syempre your safety is also compromise. Eh maybe sa kakaayos mo sa kotse mo yung P200K difference yun na yung Jazz

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kung kaya ko bumili ng jazz dun ako...ngayon. kung di abot yun pera ko pero kailangan ko na talaga ng bnew na kotse...dun na ako sa tatak na alam kong medyo maayos ang track record. yun alam mong matagal tagal na dito nagbebenta ng oto ang kotse ay hindi tulad ng DVD player na pwede mo lang hayaan yun issue ng reliability etc,mahal yan opinion ko lang po hehehe mabuhay! more choices makes the the consumer more powerful ika nga hehehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    pambenta lang ng mga automakers yung mga crash test na yan...
    If you don't believe in safety then I see why you chose what you chose. Car manufacturers don't spend millions on making their cars safe (and keeping their customers alive) for nothing. At least you'll have some margin of safety against collisions in the Jazz (based on this comparison anyway), compared to Chinese-made cars, that have been shown to fail even at such low speed impacts.

Besides, you can get a manual transmission Jazz if you want to avoid the CVT problems.

Another important factor that I may add, is long term durability not just of the vehicle mechanicals, but also the interior and how it holds up well. From previous threads I've read that the CB smells already like polymer, like plastic. The Jazz does not. Of course only time will tell about the durability of materials used to build the car, but so far Honda has had a good long-standing record for cars they've built.

I don't think CB owners will be truly keeping their car for very long. That alone, also more than makes up for the extra dough you'll shell out for the brand new Jazz. You don't have to get another car to replace the CB, and if you do replace the CB, the Jazz will still have held its value, while you already spent more at that point. The P200,000 you saved when you got the CB is now gone since you'll need to find a replacement for it soon. So which came out cheaper in the long run?

That's why well-built items last so long, and have proven to be so much cheaper in the long run, rather than buying cheap initially, and constantly replacing it.

Just my 2 cents' worth

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast