New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Apples to sayote comparison muna tayo ha. I don't mean to start a heated arguement, lalo sa mga fanbois.

The 1.3 A/T Chana Benni has all the bells and whistles (projector headlights, electronic power steering, dual airbags, ABS w/ EBD, etc), yet is priced at sub 500k (495k yata).

With the new Jazz coming out next month, surely the 1.3 A/T variant comparable to the Benni's specs will be about 200k more expensive. 200k! :shocked2:

Assuming the following:
    - used for daily drive, about 1000kms/month, purely city driving.
    - will sell car after 5 years (after 60-month car plan completes).

Ako, siguro Benni na ako. Then spend 40k for ICE, 10k for Vkool tints, 5k for HID, 5k for leather seat covers, and maybe even 40k for LPG conversion (SGI). And about 100k still left! Sagot na ang 5 years compre!

Kayo? What will you buy, and why?
    Last edited by paolorenzo; July 16th, 2008 at 10:13 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Jazz pa rin ako kahit mas mahal by 200k, wala akong kumpyansa sa Chana na yan, not to mention that since the Jazz is a Honda sigurado maraming lalabas na mga dress up and performance parts para dyan.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Short comments.

I'd still go for the Jazz, not because we own one but because it's no a brain winner.

-Resale Value
    -Honda reliability and safety
    -Technology (CVT)
    -Environmental impactness (shhh... baka may lead rin ang chinese cars )
    iam3739.com

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    jazz pa din.. or yaris, or yung i30..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Yup... Also take notice of the Korean offerings. For now, they're far more promising than China products.
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Indeed, this is apples to sayote comparison....

Jazz will have its own market...but just like those who regularly buy apples medyo upscale ang crowd na tumatangkilik. May glamour yon brand which you pay for..

For the sayotes...i think nobody eat these as is as these are usually panghalo sa hapagkainan. So those who are considering the Chana have budgetary constraints...gusto bumili ng kotse pero 500T lang kasi yon 200T pinaglalaan sa ibang bagay.

Btw, the CB probably is the most promising among the Chinese subcompacts. It can go head-to-head against the Suzuki Alto, the entry level Getz, the Picantos, etc. But what really dampens this particular segment is the availability in the second-hand market of those converted Nissan March for basically a third of the price.

You're right Gerbo. Iba talaga ang market. I just started this comparison thread, to get some insights. Once my car plan becomes avaialable again, I might still decide on the Jazz anyway. Pero 200k is not something one can easily ignore.

I also think that the Benni is the only diamond in the Chinese rough. Engine is same as the Swift (1.3cc Maruti Swift). Styling was independently done in Italy (not a DBD piracy). And an unbelievable feature set which comes standard.

drey may be right that the engine technology is the prime reason for going Jazz. 1.3 VTEC! Sweet... Lead content? :D

I was thinking that maybe this thread would appeal to the Pinoy trait of siding with the underdog.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    I would give the benefit of the doubt to the CB just for the sake of giving it. If ride quality and driving dynamics of this Chinese car will approach that of Honda, then why not. Durability and resale value? Forget it...just use the car till it reaches end of life. It's what it's for anyway but if you could sell it for a logical amount afterwards, then you're lucky.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Kung kaya ng budget ang Jazz, Jazz na lang. Safe choice.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I also go for the Jazz. Its more expensive but its worth more than the price difference. Anyway there will be a new Jazz and if you compare the Benni to that one tama ka they are so much world's apart.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast