New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2008
    It depends on what you mean by fully modded hehe pag full bolt ons (Intake-Turbo Back Exhaust-Intercooler) with tune probably around 220 to 240 wheel horse power ang kaya. The limiting factor for the first gen 2.0t is the turbo itself. It runs out of steam at around 5k + rpm. You'll actually feel it! But slap on a Evo X set up and you'll probably be hitting 300+ wheel horse power easy. Then the internals becomes the limiting factor.

You should also consider that since GC is RWD you could use it for drifting. Actually, I'm finding it a lot more fun letting the rear of the GC slide than using it for drag. I don't have any experience with the K20 but the torque of the GC is readily available at low rpm that said letting the rear slide is easy (and dangerous if your caught unaware ).

BTW, it seems that Hyundai has upgraded the turbo of the face-lifted version. Crank wheel horsepower is reportedly at 275 wheel horsepower that would translate to around 230 to 250 wheel horses and that's stock! but you have to live with the smiley-through-a-wind-tunnel front end. When Hyundai says "Tuner Friendly" and ibig sabihin ata nito ay kailangan mong magmodify to appreciate the car

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    what about a fully mod GC 2.0T, how much hp it can obtain, because I just saw this in the net from autoindustriya Page 2 « The Master: Honda Civic EG I guess this is a full-spec/mod k20a, got 275whp.

oo, bigtime talaga yan mga taga-GC club Philippines. Si sir.Charl, president ng GC club ang importer nila ng mga aftermarket goodies sa abroad, like GC emblem, aftermarket tailight, lip, grille etc.
    With the weight of the EG Civic, 275whp is already A LOT and it's very very fast.

H3Autoworks have done several monster vehicles, for one, their SOHC Turbo EG clocked at 5xx whp. But that's something already difficult to handle. Actually, a 270whp+ turbo vehicle that's pretty small such as the EKs and the EG, gives you a hard time to drive especially when the turbo spools. I remember when Ramon Bautista said that his EVO-3 inspired itlog was a pain in the ass to drive whenever the turbo spools. And it's just clocking at 260whp. More often than not, it just needs a little bit of getting-used-to.

Who needs 700whp here on the Philippines, really? If ever I'd get a project vehicle, which will definitely be a Honda -- since it has a lot of potential. I'd ensure myself that the farthest I'd go would be 250whp tops for an N/A and 350whp tops for a FI vehicle. As long as everything is tuned properly, I'm pretty sure I could easily beat wannabes along the road.

For circuit racing, usually it's not the horsepower that's important. Being victorious boils down to the ability of the driver to take corners at very high speeds. I remember when one Toyota owner have beaten several 4AGEs just by using his modified SOHC 2E carb. However, on a drag race, usually FIs have the upper hand due to the immense torque numbers it usually carries.

Going back, usually it all ends up with the driver's preference -- looks that is. I'd still pick an All-motor vehicle, though. Would love to have that BOV sound but maintenance between the NA and the FI, usually the NA gets the victory.

---

To add: Though drifting looks fun, I don't really get the point of doing it. You're just wasting your tires without getting victorious in the process -- unless you join an event of course. Unlike drag racing, you could let your opponent kiss your car's ass when you've beaten him. And, with the GC the Traction Control would be your bestfriend. Turn it off then might as well say goodbye to yourself too.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; March 23rd, 2012 at 10:24 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'd be with the DC5 anyday. It's just a hell lot of fun than the GC. AFAIK, the Integra is better on the slaloms. Also, The K20 will always be one of the BEST engines Honda ever made or one of the BEST in the world as well.

What Renzo said was right, driving a FI'd car doing 250++HP is a pain in the ass. You will really have to get used to it cause you can get caught off guard when it boosts.

Also, the Integra is very stable at high speeds and very relaxed.

Oh gosh, i just can't forget the joy it gives..
    Last edited by SiRbossR; March 24th, 2012 at 12:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Sainyo na yung Genesis Coupe. Integra DC5 ftw !

Call me a Honda fanboy all you want but I'll enjoy every second when I am with this car.
    kopal ka talaga

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    kopal ka talaga
    Go go go HCP !

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    I agree with what Renzo said. First plan what your HP goals are before moding, its pretty easy to mess with the driveability of a car by slapping on all the mods that you could buy. For me, I'd rather have a mildly modded car which I could control at the limit rather than a fully modded car that would be too powerful to drive. Some of my friends are actually discontent after making a mod (change engine) because the car is just too hard to drive hehe

BTW, because of the weight and dimensions of the GC it can handle hi-speed easily. In fact, above 60kph the suspension characteristics of the GC seems to change, as stated by my friends "dumadapa".

* Renzo drifitng might not be for everybody, it's pretty similar to playing golf. Your real competition is yourself. The satisfaction in it is being able to take corners at speed while the rear is sliding without crashing hehehe driving alone with a cup of water on the dash trying not to spill a drop of water and a crate of tofu at the rear is optional

is it just me or has this thread turned to K20 vs. RS Theta? Anyway, TS what are your considerations? Integra wins hands down when it comes to the capability of the engine to take modifications.
    Last edited by regaia; March 24th, 2012 at 11:40 AM. Reason: oops

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sabihin nalang natin, laro siya ng mga mamayaman. Indeed I enjoy watching cars do their thing, such as Ian King going around the downhill/uphill curves of some mountain using his modded 5-series. And his Corvette powered-BMW burn its tires. :naughty2:

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Modded E39 ///M5 kamo :naughty2:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ako naman kasi yung taong handang gumastos para sa engine mods pero hindi ako yung handang gumastos para sa gulong every ... 3 hours? :hysterical:

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    In this country, you don't really have the roads to enjoy a 500-600hp car, except perhaps for SCTEX during non peak hours. Around 300-350hp for this sort of car is already more than fast enough. I'd say you get the car that you feel more comfortable with at 300+hp, invest more on suspension mods, and drift to your heart's content in Kennon road!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Honda Integra DC5 or 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 (entry variant)