New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I just want to compare and get some relevant facts and data about this two sportscar from this thread.

Let the battle of H and H sportscar begin.
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:48 PM. Reason: typographical error on the word "sportcar"

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Sainyo na yung Genesis Coupe. Integra DC5 ftw !

Call me a Honda fanboy all you want but I'll enjoy every second when I am with this car.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; March 22nd, 2012 at 09:39 PM.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Is the Integra a converted unit? if so then I highly suggest not to get it. Remember your'e getting a front-wheel drive sports car there's too much stress in the steering components with so much torque going to the wheels. Just recently a friend of mine got into an accident when the steering column of the Evo that he was riding on broke. Remember your safety should never be compromised.

With that said, I'll probably go with the GC. The Integra is a beautiful car countless hours of need for speed definitely affirmed that the sound that a VTEC makes is heavenly (but the "pssshhtt" of the BOV is equally good as well) hehe However, as far as I know it was never release in our market thus making replacement part quite rare to find and since I presume that it would be a second hand car then there would be a need to replace parts in the near future if not now. Good luck in finding parts. On the other hand, the GC would be newer and would not require any replacement in the components of the car. Furthermore, the GC would at least have part-support of the local distributor and with the number of GC that I see around there would probably be parts in banawe in the future (fingers crossed). Although at present, most members of the GC club gets their aftermarket goodies abroad (damn them! they have too much money!)

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    There are left-hand drive Integras. And you can get one converted properly with original left-hand parts from the US, if it isn't LHD.

If this were GC V6 versus Integra, GC all the way.

But we have the DC5 versus the 2.0T. The DC5 is faster on the racetrack, is just as fast in a straight line, is nimbler, better looking... etcetera. Most importantly, the gearshift is way better.

The GC 2.0T is a mildly massaged Theta engine, based on architecture shared with the Mitsubishi 4B11. It has decent potential, but it's not built as stoutly as the EVO variant of the engine. The K20, on the other hand, is a very mod-friendly engine. It revs well, it take boost well, it takes breathing mods well. And it's as bulletproof as a modern engine can be. The B16 and K20 have sometimes been likened to the Chevy smallblock... they're compact, power-dense and easy to work on. This is why tuners everywhere swap K20s into everything, and why they use it in the hardcore Ariel Atom.

Simply no contest.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    i'd take the GC because it's newer,looks better in my opinion and available locally which will be a lot easier to maintain and find parts also not converted which means less problems. both cars are slow anyway and i'd rather have a RWD than a FWD, sorry but the only FWD car i'll ever consider owning is the mazdaspeed3. not a honda hater but the only honda i find interesting is the s2000 and NSX, never was a fan of SiR. sorry if i sound arrogant but once you experience the power of a real spotrs car you'll just laugh at the guys saying "VTEC just kicked in yo!":bwahaha:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Call me a Honda fanboy all you want but I'll enjoy every second when I am with this car.
    Fanboy!

Dun ka sa HCP! Kopal hahaha!

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    FYI, the stock internals of the GC 2.0T are reportedly able to withstand up to 300 to 350 wheel horse power (not crank) before needing replacement with forged ones. A stock 2.0T would approximately have 170 ~ 190 whp.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    Is the Integra a converted unit? if so then I highly suggest not to get it. Remember your'e getting a front-wheel drive sports car there's too much stress in the steering components with so much torque going to the wheels. Just recently a friend of mine got into an accident when the steering column of the Evo that he was riding on broke. Remember your safety should never be compromised.

With that said, I'll probably go with the GC. The Integra is a beautiful car countless hours of need for speed definitely affirmed that the sound that a VTEC makes is heavenly (but the "pssshhtt" of the BOV is equally good as well) hehe However, as far as I know it was never release in our market thus making replacement part quite rare to find and since I presume that it would be a second hand car then there would be a need to replace parts in the near future if not now. Good luck in finding parts. On the other hand, the GC would be newer and would not require any replacement in the components of the car. Furthermore, the GC would at least have part-support of the local distributor and with the number of GC that I see around there would probably be parts in banawe in the future (fingers crossed). Although at present, most members of the GC club gets their aftermarket goodies abroad (damn them! they have too much money!)
    what about a fully mod GC 2.0T, how much hp it can obtain, because I just saw this in the net from autoindustriya Page 2 « The Master: Honda Civic EG I guess this is a full-spec/mod k20a, got 275whp.

Quote Originally Posted by regaia View Post
    Although at present, most members of the GC club gets their aftermarket goodies abroad (damn them! they have too much money!)
    oo, bigtime talaga yan mga taga-GC club Philippines. Si sir.Charl, president ng GC club ang importer nila ng mga aftermarket goodies sa abroad, like GC emblem, aftermarket tailight, lip, grille etc.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Speedlab has done a local Civic K20 turbo... 250 whp, stock engine, modest boost. If you're looking at beat-the-s***-out-of-it reliability, you're looking at the 300-350 whp range.

BUT... there are guys with Type-Rs doing 300-400 whp on stock internals... some even have 500 whp. The record on the stock bottom end is around 600++++ whp . That's on stock pistons and rods designed for high compression high rpm running.

The K20 is fully up there with the 4G63 in terms of power potential. In fact, it's likely a better candidate for turbocharging than even the venerable SR20, which has the same potential but not the same revvability.

Going the other way, you could build a naturally aspirated K20 with bolt ons for around 220 whp... which would be pretty fun to drive... rev.rev.rev.rev.

Is the K20 a better motor than the GC 2.0T? Hell yes. No doubt.* Only problem is you still have to buy the turbo hardware, plumbing and tuning equipment separately.

-----

*Of course, if the next-gen GC 2.0T has upgraded internals to handle the extra power stock and can be boosted to 700 whp on the bottom end, I'll change my tune.
    Last edited by niky; March 23rd, 2012 at 02:45 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I say if you want to keep it stock, then the GC would be a better choice. Much better parts availability, local dealer support, and no fears about conversion woes. And then it's already turbocharged out of the box, so if all you want to do with it is slap on some basic bolt-on mods, it would yield even more horses without having to spend much.

However, if you are into hardcore tuning and have no problem with getting your hands greasy, then the DC5 it is!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda Integra DC5 or 2009 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 (entry variant)