New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My vote goes to the HR-V... Similar to the (JDM) Vezel which is based in the Jazz's platform.

The Vezel is very popular here in SG for Uber.

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

2. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Thank you for your inputs 😊.
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    My vote goes to the HR-V... Similar to the (JDM) Vezel which is based in the Jazz's platform.

The Vezel is very popular here in SG for Uber.

Sent from Zenfone 3 on Tsikot mobile app

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    HR-V is a great car in EL trim, pretty loaded. Elegant interior, spacious and airy besides the lower second row headroom, but same can be said for the ASX.

I haven't seen a single Creta yet, but wouldn't consider one unless it came fully loaded like the one displayed on mall tours, sadly the units for sale are stripped bare.

4. Join Date
    May 2017
    Agree... you can include this in the mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    The all-new 2nd gen Subaru XV is coming in September.

5. Join Date
    May 2017
    love the sporty look of the hrv... plus it has side airbags (6 vs. 2 in asx) and stability control.

Quote Originally Posted by may_68 View Post
    May I know why you prefer HR-v? Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    HR-V is a great car in EL trim, pretty loaded. Elegant interior, spacious and airy besides the lower second row headroom, but same can be said for the ASX.

I haven't seen a single Creta yet, but wouldn't consider one unless it came fully loaded like the one displayed on mall tours, sadly the units for sale are stripped bare.
    +1 for the interior of HR-V.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If ground clearance is a requirement, go with the XV. It has almost the same ground clearance as a Forester or CX5. The HRV sits lower, just a bit higher than a compact car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If ground clearance is a requirement, go with the XV. It has almost the same ground clearance as a Forester or CX5. The HRV sits lower, just a bit higher than a compact car.

Can we include the price for comparison? I'm just concerned about XV's maintenance cost after warranty. Let's say you will keep it for 10 years.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nissde View Post
    Can we include the price for comparison? I'm just concerned about XV's maintenance cost after warranty. Let's say you will keep it for 10 years.
    Both local Honda and Subaru dealerships follow a 10k km or 6-month PMS cycle. Based on my experience with both Honda and Subaru, PMS cost is about the same (oil, filters, service cost, etc.). Since both cars have CVT tranny so expect the same cost when changing the CVT fluid, which is costlier compared to the traditional torque converter AT tranny.

With Honda, you can demand that they use the cheaper regular mineral oil instead of the more expensive fully synthetic oil. Most Honda casas will try to up-sell you on using the more expensive fully synthetic oil and other "premium" services.

With Subaru, you can source your own fluids and parts. Just pay a small corkage fee for fluids/parts you bring and pay the labor cost for the needed services.

If you want something hassle-free maintenance during the warranty period, opt for a Mazda vehicle. The prices of their cars come with the Yojin3 promo (free maintenance for 3 years).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    My first choice really is the HR-V...I am looking at ASX because ground clearance is higher and base model is cheaper than HR-V. However, what I am worried about Mitsubishi is its after sales service, preventive maintenance cost and resalevalue...never own a mitsubishi so I have no idea. Our family own a mobilio and I like Honda's service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast