New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Need help with this. Comparison, pros and cons. My criteria that chooses these two are as follows:

1. Diesel (fuel economy)
    2. 7 Seater
    3. Cruise control
    4. Comfort
    5. Fun to drive (when I'm alone)
    6. Paddle shifters (rules out Everest)

If you have things to point out (which are important but I do not know) please feel free to say it.

Thank you and God bless.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhenanne View Post
    Need help with this. Comparison, pros and cons. My criteria that chooses these two are as follows:

1. Diesel (fuel economy)
    2. 7 Seater
    3. Cruise control
    4. Comfort
    5. Fun to drive (when I'm alone)
    6. Paddle shifters (rules out Everest)

If you have things to point out (which are important but I do not know) please feel free to say it.

Thank you and God bless.
    1. The CRV is significantly more efficient (10-12 km/L in moderate traffic city driving vs 8-9 km/L on the Montero). The Montero is quicker though (10.5 sec 0-100 vs 11.8 sec on the CRV).

2. The CRV is more spacious for the first and second rows since the Montero is narrow. 3rd row both are very cramped and are only good for small people and short trips, but CRV has slightly tighter 3rd row.

3. Both have cruise control but the CRV SX has Honda Sensing which can also brake for you.

4. CRV is far more comfortable. Hands down.

5. CRV also far more fun to drive with much better handling for winding roads. Montero has more straight line pull though.

6. Both have paddle shifters.

Get the CRV if ride comfort and fuel efficiency are your top priorities. Get the Montero if you need something more rugged.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    paddle shifter? dont expect these cars to blip blip like a supercar.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I always buy car for comfort. Its my number 1 criteria. Ride quality, steering ligthness , cabin space in all rows. 2nd is engine performance and fuel economy.

For this 2 car. CUV vs PPV. Cuv all the way

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by valskie01; March 20th, 2019 at 03:50 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    paddle shifter? dont expect these cars to blip blip like a supercar.
    Yes, but it doesn't hurt to have right?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2019

Thank you and God bless.
    Only one point I will say about the two vehicles being compared. Honda CRV SX Diesel 9AT AWD has a wide advantage due to the "technology package" over Montero. For me I feel safer on the road with all the benefits I get from the said "tech package".

7. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    1. The CRV is significantly more efficient (10-12 km/L in moderate traffic city driving vs 8-9 km/L on the Montero). The Montero is quicker though (10.5 sec 0-100 vs 11.8 sec on the CRV).

2. The CRV is more spacious for the first and second rows since the Montero is narrow. 3rd row both are very cramped and are only good for small people and short trips, but CRV has slightly tighter 3rd row.

3. Both have cruise control but the CRV SX has Honda Sensing which can also brake for you.

4. CRV is far more comfortable. Hands down.

5. CRV also far more fun to drive with much better handling for winding roads. Montero has more straight line pull though.

6. Both have paddle shifters.

Get the CRV if ride comfort and fuel efficiency are your top priorities. Get the Montero if you need something more rugged.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Regarding the CRV diesel, does it have timing chain or still a timing belt?

I wouldnt argue when it comes to comfort for the CRV since it is a CUV.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes, but it doesn't hurt to have right?
    for these 10second cars... its not really that important. You should test drive both montero and everest and find out which suspension is better for you. do check the tire pressures when test driving

what is your current vehicle?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    CRV for me. If you want a quicker 7-seater diesel for around the same price, get a Sorento or a Santa Fe.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Tough choices.. Pero CRV na ako.

Ticks almost all of your choices. Pero kung may NVH lang sa criteria, sa Montero na ako.

Mas gusto ko mas matagtag ng konti pero walang kumakalampag compared sa soft riding pero makalampag.

My 2 cents..

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast