New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer as the best SUV?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Honda CRV 4x2

42 31.82%
  • Ford Escape 4x2

30 22.73%
  • Toyota RAV4 4x2

28 21.21%
  • Nissan X-Trail

32 24.24%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    720K for 2002 CRV with 20k Mileage.. reasonable ba?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mdacs
    720K for 2002 CRV with 20k Mileage.. reasonable ba?
    better check the mileage, highly suspicious, 20K for 4 yrs. tsk tsk tsk, super low gamit naman yan.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i think possible yan.. yung CRV ko, 30K 3 years... mukhang extrang car lang ng nagbebenta yun kaya ganun kababa milage.. 2 cents lang po..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    tnx guys!
    pang apat na kotse daw ksi yun... pero.. pwede bang matamper yung digital na odo? saka pinakita nya yung history nya sa honda pasig. kaya di ako nagduda sa mileage.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    had there been a diesel version for the CRV I would have cashed in for it (before I saw the Sorento) ... Form factor, nothing bad about it...
    Last edited by gregg_g; December 27th, 2005 at 10:43 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    To all who said negative staff about the CRV im sure your other SUV's ( Ex-trail will be TRAILING behind my CRV,Ford Escape will be gracefully ESCAPING for a no contest test run for quarter mile! Toyota RAV 4 will be tRAVeling the opposite road looking for other weaker competitor! Sori Guys! The CRV is just a tough act to follow!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    lam ku iwan 2.4 crv sa 250x eh hehe

anyway heres my list with the top as my first choice

250x
    2.4 crv 4x4
    rav4 4x4(not the coming one)
    escape 4x4

did not include sorento and fortuner

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogisofi
    To all who said negative staff about the CRV im sure your other SUV's ( Ex-trail will be TRAILING behind my CRV,Ford Escape will be gracefully ESCAPING for a no contest test run for quarter mile! Toyota RAV 4 will be tRAVeling the opposite road looking for other weaker competitor! Sori Guys! The CRV is just a tough act to follow!
    Ano ito commercial? Different vehicles have different strengths and weaknesses. It's just a matter of finding one that suits you.

With lockable all-mode AWD, I don't see why the X-trail would trail behind the CR-V when travelling off-road. For the price of the CR-V, i'd rather be driving a Sorento (real truck, true low range, armored underbody, ladder frame, etc.). That's just my personal opinion.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogisofi
    let's see...

the X-Trail, Rav4 and Outlander have full-time 4wd. the Sorento even has a 4L feature for some serious off-roading duties. the CR-V only has real-time 4wd - you have to break traction first before the 4wd kicks in...

the Escape and Tribute V6 packs 210hp. the X-Trail 250X has 180hp. the top of the line CR-V 2.4L only has 160 horses.

the Rav4 weighs less than a 100kg than the CR-V...

the base model of the Escape and Tribute already has a 2.3L engine (with 157 horses). the base model of the CR-V only has a 2.0L engine and yet they are almost priced the same.

BUT, there are other advantages that the CR-V over the others... like a good matic tranny, 8-seat option, more solid body, etc...

and like OTEP said, all of them have certain strengths and weaknesses. not one of them would be superior over everyone else for that matter.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Isang malaking commercial talaga.

Maganda sana ang X-trail kung hindi parang abnormal ang interior. RAV4 na lang ako. Halos hindi naluluma yung design.

Honda CRV (4x2) vs. Ford Escape (4x2)