New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    These days if you had 1.3M, which would you rather buy? A gas powered 4x2 CRV (1.3M) or a diesel powered 4x2 Tucson (1.1M)? Why?

I think getting a CRV or a Tucson is a battle for not just performance but prestige and perception. So whats your perception on each of them?

After some pondering I chose the Tucson just last month. And is was a REALLY close fight. The fight was so close that even after I bought the Tucson I had second thoughts about it and even thought of selling it to buy a Montero Sport or CRV. I wanted an SUV in the but wanted prestige as well.

I own a Civic 06 and know that the CRV has the same engine as my Civic. The CRV is really refined. I also see it as more prestigious, maybe because of the Honda brand. But I still don't like how it looks externally.

I prefer the exterior of the Tucson. The interior is really simple and clean but very spacious. Has better head clearance than the CRV. Surprisingly, its a very good ride and has more personality into it compared to the CRV and Civic.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    A road less traveled

vs.

A family trendsetter

Here

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since nabili mo na yung Tucson might as well stick with it. I don't find the CR-V as more prestigious per se. Dami na ring may CR-V. Pero I think ang alas talaga ng Tucson is the CRDi engine. Mas matipid, mas malakas ang hatak, at mas mura ang fuel.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gas engine

vs.

Diesel engine

CRV pa rin. ayaw ko ng maingay at madumi. Peace of mind eka nga.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^Halatang di pa nakasubok ng CRDi engine. Maybe yung diesel na luma oo maingay at mausok pero mga common rail di na maingay, mas malakas pa sa gas engine, mas matulin pa and most importantly mas matipid.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    These days if you had 1.3M, which would you rather buy? A gas powered 4x2 CRV (1.3M) or a diesel powered 4x2 Tucson (1.1M)? Why?
    Well if its my money, for Php 1.3M, I'd easily get a Subaru Forester 2.0X. Not only did it trounce its competition, but its the most bang for the buck. It comes with the sunroof + side and curtain airbags in addition to the dual fronts.

I think getting a CRV or a Tucson is a battle for not just performance but prestige and perception. So whats your perception on each of them?

After some pondering I chose the Tucson just last month. And is was a REALLY close fight. The fight was so close that even after I bought the Tucson I had second thoughts about it and even thought of selling it to buy a Montero Sport or CRV. I wanted an SUV in the but wanted prestige as well.
    Again, if its me, I buy vehicles more for their performance, price point, bang for buck, rather than prestige outright. Both CRV and Tucson are competent. I feel the CRV has a better design (interior and exterior) as well as better fit and finish than the Tucson. I think Hyundai has changed the interior color scheme of the Tucson starting last year. But the ones that came out in 2005 to 2007, had beige colors inside, and it did look very plasticky (read: OROCAN) inside.

I own a Civic 06 and know that the CRV has the same engine as my Civic. The CRV is really refined. I also see it as more prestigious, maybe because of the Honda brand. But I still don't like how it looks externally.
    Technically, the Civic and CRV do have engines that come from the same families, but with differing displacements across both vehicles. For example the engine of the 1.8 Civic comes from the R-series which the 2.0 li in the CRV 4x2 is also derived from the series.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ang problem lang naman sa CRDi engine ay yung parts pag nasira.. sobrang mahal. pero kung design ang titingnan, CR-V na ako..

i have one

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *Starex Gold

Oks lang naman po kasi the Tucson is covered by a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY. ANd given the TS impulsive tendencies as demonstrated on the other thread ewan ko lang if he will hold his Tucson beyond 5 years...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    *Starex Gold

Oks lang naman po kasi the Tucson is covered by a FIVE YEAR WARRANTY. ANd given the TS impulsive tendencies as demonstrated on the other thread ewan ko lang if he will hold his Tucson beyond 5 years...
    I don`t think so..... I hope he does.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *Tidus1203

I'm comparing po un CRV gas vs. Tucson Diesel, hindi po un diesel e vs. diesel crdi

fyi:

Tucson = Maximum Output (bhp * rpm) 112 * 4000

CRV = Maximum Output (bhp * rpm) 150 * 4200

Mabilis po siguro yun crv kesa sa tucson

Peace

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda CRV 09 vs Hyundai Tucson 09 CRDi