New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hyundai Sta. Fe! I know, kung may pambili ng SUV, hindi na dapat tinitingnan ang FC, but for me, mahalaga pa rin ito. Malakas din lumagok sa gas ang CRV hehe. Common Rail Diesel system na naman ang Sta. Fe so kung power ang usapan, maganda ang output nito.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Are we talking about the current CR-V? If it's the old 4-speed... yes, that's sluggish... the new 5-speed AT in the CR-V 2.4 is responsive and quite eager to kick in (in most situations)...

I agree that the smoother ride and extra low-down torque of the Santa Fe will matter more to buyers, but the 2.4 CR-V is not really lacking in regards to torque, either.

Personally... I'd pick the Santa Fe... but the CR-V isn't bad. We only got the CR-V 2.4 over the Santa Fe because of the deep discount available at the time and the fact that we put a lot of miles on our vehicles, and it's not inconceivable for us to hit 200k kms within five years, which would be uncomfortably close to the possible maximum service lifespan of the injectors.

For most city-dwellers who have to deal with city traffic and who will only likely put 60k kms on the car in five years, the Santa Fe would be at an advantage due to its economy and extra seats. Oh... and the comfort of said seats... Honda seats nowadays, except for the ones in the Accord... are just horrible. Our CR-V is only bearable because of the standard leather on the top-end model. I actually know of someone who wanted to trade-in their 2.0 due to the seats!
    i know right!? that's actually one of a few reasons why we didn't buy one back in 07; that and yes, the transmission. if you're satisfied with your crv then good for you! its a solid everyday car.

sante fe is just better, coz its the least compromise.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How about the KIA SOUL?

KIA SOUL 2.0L LX A/T = P1.2M

Performance is great. Handles very well. Styling is unique and refreshing but still has that classic design feel. Seating for four is comfortable and spacious but it will seat five well enough.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 26th, 2009 at 08:27 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    How about the KIA SOUL?

KIA SOUL 1.0L LX A/T = P1.2M

Performance is great. Handles very well. Styling is unique and refreshing but still has that classic design feel. Seating for four is comfortable and spacious but it will seat five well enough.

overprice sa price na 1.2 m, mas marami choice na kotse dyan mas maganda at mas malaki.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by projector View Post

overprice sa price na 1.2 m, mas marami choice na kotse dyan mas maganda at mas malaki.
    Actually its not that small a vehicle. Better think of it as a tall sedan hatchback. That extra height gives better head room inside the vehicle, resulting in a roomy feeling inside the car.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    SF for me bec of the fuel consumtion and more interior space.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    With the Soul's sticker price, it seems to be destined as a "toy for the big boy". Not your everyman everyday carriage.

----
    To the TS, i think you will not go wrong with either of them (CRV and Santa Fe).
    Personal preference na lang with the following in mind:
    -long term effect of diesel quality
    -parts availability
    -maintenance cost of consumables

Would you trade the 4x4 capability for 2 additional seats?

Test drive....After doing this, you may have your answer.

BTW, just for the looks I find the Sta Fe evoking more towards a more feminine aura. The Sorento's stance is more manly. Its probably just me.

My choice? 2.4 CRV. Fits what i want.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Maraming salamat po.

Mag test drive po ako ng Santa Fe at ng CR-V soon para malaman ano ba talaga mas maganda

Sabi ng wife ko mas gusto daw nya Santa Fe, pero kailangan makita ko din personally.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Go for Santa Fe between the two but eto ulit ako. wait mo na yung all new in a few months para walang sisi. All new, All brand new engine - sulit na sulit ang pinaghirapan. The current Santa Fe has been around for how many years na? Kasabayan pa ng Fort yan, malapit na yan kaya ang laki ng discount.

if not going to pay in cash, hinuhulugan mo pa luma na agad

O.T. Montero ayaw n'yo?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    tama nga sabi nila, hintayin mo muna ang bagong Santa Fe. then dun mo i-test drive ang dalawa para makita and ma-feel mo talaga ang diferrence nila.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda CR-V 4WD or Hyundai Sta. Fe CRDi 4X2