New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Greetings from the Kingdom

I am considering between the 2 crossover vehicles because city driving lang kami and we want good ride quality. CRV 4X4 or Santa Fe 4X2? Which one is better? They are priced almost the same around P30,000 difference which is not that much so I just ignore it.

Thinking of buying before the holidays!

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Santa Fe.

- CRDi & it seats 7

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Santa Fe has:
    -more space
    -better fuel economy
    -slightly better ride

The CR-V has:
    -better handling
    -better interior materials and leather
    -more power

Up to you what you feel you want or need more.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Biases aside I say SF for the simple reason of the CRDi engine. Mas matipid without sacrificing power and torque (massive amounts). On a personal level, the SF looks miles ahead of the ugly braces wearing CR-V...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    CRV. I'm a sucker for beige leather seats (esp. when its new and not old). :D

In terms of practicality, its the Santa Fe bec. of its bigger size and it being a diesel. But no can tell you right now (bec. nobody has used their units beyond 4 yrs), if the CRDi's injectors could last in the long term. Those injectors will be very expensive to replace if they are damaged.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Santa Fe has:
    -more space
    -better fuel economy
    -slightly better ride

The CR-V has:
    -better handling
    -better interior materials and leather
    -more power

Up to you what you feel you want or need more.
    crv, more power? are you sure? the auto transmission in the crv isn't competent, which makes power delivery rather sluggish.

santa fe has more torque and better auto transmission which means smoother ride.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by supercar10 View Post
    crv, more power? are you sure? the auto transmission in the crv isn't competent, which makes power delivery rather sluggish.

santa fe has more torque and better auto transmission which means smoother ride.
    Yeah... I was thinking about it after I typed it... been a long time since I drove the Santa Fe 2.2... but from what I remember of the Santa Fe, the CR-V seems to have better top-end punch, and the torque, for a non-turbo engine, ain't bad... especially considering Honda gives its five-speed autobox very short low-range gears, giving the CR-V impressive take-off. We've tested it against a 10-second to 100 km/h car, and it did very well, indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if the 0-100 of the CR-V were quicker than the Santa Fe by half-a-second or so.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by KatasNgSaudi View Post
    Greetings from the Kingdom

I am considering between the 2 crossover vehicles because city driving lang kami and we want good ride quality. CRV 4X4 or Santa Fe 4X2? Which one is better? They are priced almost the same around P30,000 difference which is not that much so I just ignore it.

Thinking of buying before the holidays!

Thanks!
    Sta Fe with the CRDi engine. Better wait for the facelifted version with the new R engine. More power and torque! Talagang masusulit ang katas ng saudi mo dito

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Yeah... I was thinking about it after I typed it... been a long time since I drove the Santa Fe 2.2... but from what I remember of the Santa Fe, the CR-V seems to have better top-end punch, and the torque, for a non-turbo engine, ain't bad... especially considering Honda gives its five-speed autobox very short low-range gears, giving the CR-V impressive take-off. We've tested it against a 10-second to 100 km/h car, and it did very well, indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if the 0-100 of the CR-V were quicker than the Santa Fe by half-a-second or so.
    for the thread starter, you drive a crv or you ride a sante fe. you choose what best suits you.

nicky, i don't think most people care if the santa is slower by 0.5 sec. that the crv in real life usage.

the crv fails bec. its supposed to be more of a driver's car (compared to its competition) with fun to drive, good handling capabilities buh the sluggish trans ruins the experience.

the santa fe on the otherhand has a comfy quiet ride, smoother trans, more torque, does what its designed to do which is provide a good riding experience.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Are we talking about the current CR-V? If it's the old 4-speed... yes, that's sluggish... the new 5-speed AT in the CR-V 2.4 is responsive and quite eager to kick in (in most situations)...

I agree that the smoother ride and extra low-down torque of the Santa Fe will matter more to buyers, but the 2.4 CR-V is not really lacking in regards to torque, either.

Personally... I'd pick the Santa Fe... but the CR-V isn't bad. We only got the CR-V 2.4 over the Santa Fe because of the deep discount available at the time and the fact that we put a lot of miles on our vehicles, and it's not inconceivable for us to hit 200k kms within five years, which would be uncomfortably close to the possible maximum service lifespan of the injectors.

For most city-dwellers who have to deal with city traffic and who will only likely put 60k kms on the car in five years, the Santa Fe would be at an advantage due to its economy and extra seats. Oh... and the comfort of said seats... Honda seats nowadays, except for the ones in the Accord... are just horrible. Our CR-V is only bearable because of the standard leather on the top-end model. I actually know of someone who wanted to trade-in their 2.0 due to the seats!
    Last edited by niky; October 25th, 2009 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda CR-V 4WD or Hyundai Sta. Fe CRDi 4X2