New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ronki View Post
    That's one fast tito car.

Just solidified my next car choice.
    If you want a quicker and faster Tito car, look no further than an FXT. Even in stock mode, you’re looking at 7+ seconds on a 0-100kmh sprint. Tune it further and you’re looking at around 300hp/400Nm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    so with that in mind ano lang ang advantage ng CVT against modern torque converter automatics (which are becoming very good nowadays)?

smoother? though some people do not like the cvt characteristic of droning and staying at relatively high rpms waiting for the vehicle to accelerate. improved ba ang fuel economy?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I got more than twice the torque though, and both it and power come very early. But in the end talo pa rin ako.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    I once had a stoplight to stoplight run-in with an 86 along Commerce Avenue in Alabang. My FXT outsprinted the 86, the higher torque from the turbo and the AWD is surely an advantage. If that was a straight quartermile drag, even with more peak power I think the FXT would play catch-up near the end.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    so with that in mind ano lang ang advantage ng CVT against modern torque converter automatics (which are becoming very good nowadays)?

smoother? though some people do not like the cvt characteristic of droning and staying at relatively high rpms waiting for the vehicle to accelerate. improved ba ang fuel economy?
    fuel consumption nga ata?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Newer CVTs are a lot better than those in the early 2000s. Advantage of newer CVTs is they are tuned to keep the engine in optimal output along the rpm range thus helping in fuel economy.

With my FXT, it feels too smooth that there is not much sensation of going up to speed. Cruising at 150kmh to 180kmh feels just like doing 100-120kmh unless you observe the outside surroundings. Also, it feels soft off the line when forcing a hard launch.

With my ASX, the droning and output response delay in higher rpms can be observed. Its CVT is not as responsive as the one on the FXT.

Our Civic RS is quick but that same sensation of going fast is not that evident. Response is better than the CVT of the ASX.

DCTs and DSGs are much better in terms of feel and response when going up to speed. This is my experience with Ford and VW.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I once had a stoplight to stoplight run-in with an 86 along Commerce Avenue in Alabang. My FXT outsprinted the 86, the higher torque from the turbo and the AWD is surely an advantage. If that was a straight quartermile drag, even with more peak power I think the FXT would play catch-up near the end.

Kawawa naman yung "sports car" 86, hindi kaya yung tito car FXT.

Napansin ko din jan sa Bridsgestone Tire Center sa Commerce center ay madaming nagpapagawa na 86. Bomba bomba pa pero pag dumating na yung grupo ng mga mustang, wala na tahimik na.

Sorry hater ako ng 86.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Kawawa naman yung "sports car" 86,
    basta makita, ok na.

"i intentionally slow down, so's you folks can take a good look."
    heh heh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you want a quicker and faster Tito car, look no further than an FXT. Even in stock mode, you’re looking at 7+ seconds on a 0-100kmh sprint. Tune it further and you’re looking at around 300hp/400Nm.

I've driven one, and yes, feels so good, no doubt.

Fuel consumption is a bum, though.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013

Only 2 advantages I can see with CVT

1. Fuel Economy - this is backed by science, so we can't argue - otherwise, why will car manufacturers switch to CVT?

2. For smaller cars, it looks like the future. No sense in looking for an alternative... Vios/City/Corolla/Civic - all uses CVT, will you really go to a Mazda/Kia/Hyundai showroom kasi ayaw mo ng CVT?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by makelovenotwar View Post
    Kawawa naman yung "sports car" 86, hindi kaya yung tito car FXT.

Napansin ko din jan sa Bridsgestone Tire Center sa Commerce center ay madaming nagpapagawa na 86. Bomba bomba pa pero pag dumating na yung grupo ng mga mustang, wala na tahimik na.

Sorry hater ako ng 86.
    Marami Subie owners dyan nagpapa service sa Bridgestone Commerce Center. Medyo knowledgeable sila in servicing boxer engines and AWD cars.

Naalala ko that time with the 86, rev pa sya ng rev while waiting for the green light tapos naunahan ng tito car. Sabi pa ng misis ko, “Kelangan mo talaga syang pahiyain?” Hehehehe

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast