New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bebenta mo na rin ? Ano ipapalit mo, chevy cruze na naka-20's ? :hysterical:

But yeah, may nakita akong Cruze na naka 20's ... alangya ang ganda ! :drool:

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Cruze has been successful in the WTCC so far with it's better driving dynamics.Even our very own BRE (Blanco Racing Engineering) has choosenthis car to be their project for the PTCC. - and much has been seen about this car in full race setup.

But stock form againts the FD.

Acceleration: Civic - tesdrove(brutally) the Cruze m/t, slipped-clutch at 4500rpm 3x still did'nt get a good launch, hindi ko makita yung "sweetspot" gaya ng Ford Fiesta at Focus TDCI. The Diesel variant should be better.M/t gearbox is long and unprecised. The ride is very soft that it rolls too much at high-speed turns, it's not that controlled and poised. Yet Civic handles amongst the worst to me.

Looks: Civic - Cruze has no "wow' factor for me,still old-school boxy design that does'nt stand out on the road, they should have introduced more curves and sleek design. Sawa na lang kasi tayo sa Civic kaya many hated it.

Interior: Civic - pa rin ako. cramped ang Cruze stature ko. The big and long dashboard is a love na hate in Civic, but cabin is bigger. Again nothing really to buzz abut the Cruze inside. Personally, who cares about the seats? if i want real comfort then I'll get a Camry.

Engine: Civic - No Brainer, VTEC pa!

Ano mas practical: Civic - sa dami ng casa at piyesa daling imaintain

FC: Cruze, kasi pag Civic malamang lagi ka hataw, pero matipid din.

Impression: Civic - A Civic is always a Civic no matter if it's aging 5 years now. Still hold it's reputation as the best-designed overall and that has given an advantage in terms of resale value. It's a good car that has the power, looks, function, space and brand in one. Plus the aftermarket parts for additional power and accessories that you can slap for that Type R or Mugen look.

Cruze - I almost purchased an Optra 6 years ago, after 3 years I saw a flood of 2nd hand Optras selling very unbelievably cheap. Now i dont even see on on the road.Maybe I'll only get a Chevy if it's and SUV or Camaro.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Cruze. my brother owns one abroad and base on him, it is a very solid car. I have never driven both cars but in terms of WOW factor, sa Cruze na ako.

talagang nakakasawa na ang Civic FD sa daan. pinsan ko naka-FD, minsan nagka-sabay kami sa daan, siya dedma ko lang kasi nga ang daming kamukha, nainis pa ako dahil ginigitgit ako yun pala pinsan ko lang amf. in short, nothing special for me, parang kaparehas mo lang yung mga ibang naka-FD na napakarami hehe (hindi mo naman siguro popormahan).

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Okay siguro sa ngayon ang Cruze dahil bago at presko sa paningin ng tao pero kung ako bibili ng bagong sedan Civic pa rin. hehe!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Cruze's handling is actually superb for a compact car in this class. very neutral, very composed, good balance between ride suppleness and roll-control. It's an amazing performance for a torsion-beam equipped car.

The Civic washes out into understeer earlier on stock tires, but that's because the rear end of the Civic is firmly planted. But it's much lighter than the Cruze, the steering is razor sharp and the Civic chassis is still world-class. Yes, the Focus, Lancer and Cruze handle better, but fix the front-end geometry and the Civic could take them all on. Too bad Honda doesn't believe in local touring car racing... having the Civic vs. Cruze vs. Focus would make for a very exciting fight.

The area where the Cruze really fails is in the engine-drivetrain combo. Sluggish, sluggish, sluggish. Our Cruze test unit took 14.9 seconds to hit 100 km/h. Our Civic test unit took 10.4 seconds to hit 100 km/h. Granted, the Cruze is 100 kilograms heavier, but that can't explain the huge difference (the Focus 1.8 AT takes around 11.8 seconds with just 126 hp and the same weight).

I think it's all due to the sluggish transmission and throttle programming. According to the PowerWheels article, the BRE Cruze makes a bit more hp than their touring car... so around 125-128 whp... given they claim an added 20 hp from the exhaust and intake mods, that puts stock power at under 110 whp... same as the Civic. Suffice to say... if you want to get your money's worth in terms of power, buy a manual transmission car.

-

In terms of interior, the Cruze blows the Civic away. Biggest rear seat in class (and it really feels roomy compared to the Civic and the Lancer) and great interior plastics. The only thing roomier overall is the Lancer, which has a much bigger front seat, though the rear seat is slightly smaller.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The area where the Cruze really fails is in the engine-drivetrain combo. Sluggish, sluggish, sluggish. Our Cruze test unit took 14.9 seconds to hit 100 km/h. .
    amen, amen, amen !!!! People digging for performance will just get disappointed.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    IMO, if you want performance you want cars like an evo or a camaro. lancer ex and cruze are not performance cars.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    [QUOTE=henyomzky;1548176]compare naman please in terms of:

Acceleration: CIVIC

Looks: CIVIC

Interior: CIVIC

Engine: CIVIC

Ano mas practical: CIVIC

FC: CIVIC

Impression: CIVIC, kasi may honda civic kami dati! ngaun Na trade IN na bamin sa GL Grandia

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CruzeR911 View Post
    IMO, if you want performance you want cars like an evo or a camaro. lancer ex and cruze are not performance cars.
    Not wanting to start a new argument but it's not that if you prefer performance in a car you couldn't buy common sedans around rather you should buy yourself a 3M+ vehicle that could really make a big hole on your pocket.

Thing is, yes, the evo is a performance vehicle but a lancer ex can get near on the evo's performance grounds if modified properly.

The cruze, not so much. Performance aren't that aplenty on the market. Very limited. Unlike the lancers and FD's, the performance add-ons are everywhere.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    If you don't view performance that highly, I'd recommend the Cruze which has quite a lot of features and I like the way it looks which combines elegance with sportiness unlike the Civic which I feel only has the latter. Besides, if Pacho Blanco is able to modify the Cruze to become a track conquering monster, then it shouldn't be THAT bad shouldn't it? Perhaps some tinkering with the electronic bits and a few upgrades will do the trick. And then again, you do get a free iPad.

The Civic 1.8S naman... Its rather old and the new one is due to come out soon. Perhaps when the new one comes out, we can compare again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda civic FD 1.8 vs Chevrolet Cruze 1.8