New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    i didnt like it when i saw it sa net but when it came out here, its actually very nice. the new civic

i like the front and side better than the fd. its just the back end i dont like that much

plus its completely japanese built for the meantime. you will notice better quality for sure than the other thai or korean or china made cars.

HTH

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    This is easy. Civic wins it if money is not an issue. you get a lot more features, superior quality, and resale value with the new Civic. especially since the Mazda 3 is a very very old model, what 6 years ago since it was introduced to our shores? You'll be stuck with a Old-New Car.

The interior of the Civic is very nice and that multiple display screen looks awesome. Yes FD body looks a lot better, feature-wise the new Civic gets it.

Definitely get the Civic. If you were comparing Altis, Elantra and Cruze to the Civic. Thats a different story and a big fight.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Nakakita nanaman ako ng Bronze Civic EX kanina sa daan. As I've said, maganda yung harap, side profile ok, likod nope

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Syempre Honda Civic.

Presitge, resale value.

Diba mga paps

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    +1 ser!

haha kopal

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    What prestige ?

Anyway, I'd pick the Civic despite it having an ugly rear-end. The front is ok though.

You may find the price list a bit expensive though.
    "Prestige" as in brand-wise. hehe! That's why I said kung sa looks lang vs the 2012 Civic, doon ako sa Mazda. Pero over all, Honda pa rin. I haven't seen the asian version pero dito kasi sa states pangit talaga hitsura ng likod.

Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Dito lang naman sa Pilipinas may "prestige" ang Honda. Not really a selling point saken haha.

Magiging selling point ng cars dito saken is the engine.

Take note that the "new" Mazda 3 has already been out since 2008-2009.

Pagdating niyan dito sa Pilipinas, mid-life cycle na yan. Meaning - in a few years, malamang bagong modelo ulet. Old-new car anyone? Tapos kung yung lumang 1.6 / 2.0 pa yung ilabas dito, I'll go for the Civic.

But if they can bring the modern, SkyActiv engines - It may give the Civic a run for its money.

Plus price is definitely a factor. Kapag pumasok na yung mga Thai units, I *expect* a price drop.
    Last edited by Picard; March 29th, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    better hurry up and make the decision buddy. if you do pick the civic, hurry up! because the thai factory is in full operation as of today. Hindi na magtatagal yung mga completeley built up sa JAPAN na honda's. Manggagaling na ulit sa thailand.

here is the link

Honda's Thailand plant resumes production - News | TopGear.com.ph

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hurry up ka dyan, nag announce nga sila ng major redesign late this year or early next year pinagmadali mo pa bumili.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    diba mga boz may eco mode yun new civic??? TS baka rezing rezing trip mo,, gets the fd body kung meron pang matino. personally ill pick mazda 3..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    If dyan lang sa 2, Honda Civic! Bago eh. dami "new" features.

dapat mas marami ka pang consider na cars, 1st car mo pala. hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda civic 2012 vs. Mazda 2012 , which is bets for my first car?