New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Mga tol, Bago lng ako dito sa site. Hingin ko sana opinyon nyo sa first car na bibilin ko. Tulong mga tol! :D

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Which Mazda???

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mazda 3 ba? Kung sa looks, Mazda 2012 ako. Kung sa prestige, Honda pa rin. Kung ibabalik nila yung Honda FD, Honda all the way. hehehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Mazda 3 ba? Kung sa looks, Mazda 2012 ako. Kung sa prestige, Honda pa rin. Kung ibabalik nila yung Honda FD, Honda all the way. hehehe
    slamat ser

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    Which Mazda???
    Soory i forgot, its mazda 3

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Dito lang naman sa Pilipinas may "prestige" ang Honda. Not really a selling point saken haha.

Magiging selling point ng cars dito saken is the engine.

Take note that the "new" Mazda 3 has already been out since 2008-2009.

Pagdating niyan dito sa Pilipinas, mid-life cycle na yan. Meaning - in a few years, malamang bagong modelo ulet. Old-new car anyone? Tapos kung yung lumang 1.6 / 2.0 pa yung ilabas dito, I'll go for the Civic.

But if they can bring the modern, SkyActiv engines - It may give the Civic a run for its money.

Plus price is definitely a factor. Kapag pumasok na yung mga Thai units, I *expect* a price drop.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Saw the Civic 2012 finally in flesh last sunday in Sta.Lucia Mall and all I can say is "not really that bad" despite the bashing all throughout the net that the refreshed model won't cut it.

Don't get me wrong, i'd still pick the old FD body anytime but the new one is also nice once you get to see it up close and appreciate it, especially inside. The model i've seen is the CBU japan unit - the EX AT special ed daw. At 1.074M its kinda hefty of a price tag when compared to Elantra, but the former as i've said, has better interior than the latter. Elantra just gives me this feeling of bareness in the dashboard. And that 1-din HU just don't do justice to it.

Power-wise, i've heard it's a new engine? im not really sure and i'm just basing my judgement to physical looks of the Civic.

In the end, since the 2012 Mazda is still in its old body I may have to say that your vote better go with the Civic.

Cheers

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    What prestige ?

Anyway, I'd pick the Civic despite it having an ugly rear-end. The front is ok though.

You may find the price list a bit expensive though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I still can't believed it, I actually sat on a city thinking it was a civic last week Sa dealer...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greatauror28 View Post
    Power-wise, i've heard it's a new engine?
    Same R18 1.8L engine with minor tweaks for more lower end torque.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda civic 2012 vs. Mazda 2012 , which is bets for my first car?