New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Para sakin pinaka advantage talaga ng FD Civic sa Corolla 9.5 is the automatic tranny. 5 speed na yung Civic while the Corolla still uses a jurassic 4 speed....

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Go for the Civic 1.8S, its economical in terms of FC. Having 5 Speed A/T compared to the stone aged 4 speed A/T. Cockpit for the Civic is best in class while the Altis' is like the Chinese made sedans'. The best part is that the Civic will never become a TAXI in the Philippines as compared to the Altis.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^I think its harsh to call the Altis' cockpit same as the Chery's of the world. Maganda naman dashboard ng Altis eh pero medyo mas pang matanda lang yung taste. Although I do agree that the Civic's dashborad is second to none. The speedometer still alludes me to this very day even though I have used my Civic for 3 months now...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    The "Door Inside Handle" of the Corolla does look a bit ill-fitting, almost as if it were just an afterthought. The manual shifter looks a bit flimsy and especially its plastic knob.

Yes, I agree that Toyota is going to the opposite pole of Honda's youth centered marketing with the Civic, by specifically going after retiring baby boomers with the Corolla's drab and dull-but "safe"-design.

If the "radically" designed FD Civic never existed then, this Corolla would have been the defacto choice for most.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just finished a test-drive of the 1.8 Civic... then looked for a Corolla to sit in for comparison.

I still just can't get used to hard Civic seats. I've found that reclining them slightly helps, but the intrusive lumbar support is just too harsh for older drivers. Young people have no problems with it, but there's no getting around the fact that the Civic has rock-hard seats.

But overall, interior quality is still far and away much better than the Corolla. I was at the Corolla launch, and I was impressed that the plastics didn't go the way of the Vios and Yaris. It doesn't have the same cheapo-cheapo plastics Toyota put on those two cars. But I do have one complaint... some things feel pretty flimsy. The moving armrests, the dual glovebox... hell, the Caliber's glovebox felt more solid than this, and the Caliber has a terrible interior. The Corolla's interior is disappointing for a Toyota... but much better than many new Toyotas I've driven.

The one big ace the Corolla has over the Civic is possibly the softer seats. They're still comfortable, and pretty good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    http://www.motioncars.com/front/03.0..._01/index3.htm

it’s the experience behind the wheel where the Civic shows its greatest strength. It trounces the Altis is almost every aspect.

If your idea of a good ride is more on the traditional side, then the Altis’s is for you. It floats around, but doesn’t feel connected to the road in anyway. The Civic is firmer, but still fairly comfortable. The Toyota’s sole advantage over the Civic is in the area of sound and NVH insulation.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Some more opinions with a USDM flavor... Add the Mazda 3 to the bunch!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKr5R6JLqk8"]YouTube - Civic v Corolla v Mazda 3 Consumer Comparison by Edmunds.com[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^ doon sa kanila kasi, walang mga sira-sira na daan. Dito kasi sa atin, medyo uncomfortable ang civic sa baku-bako na daan, and this is the strong point of the altis because it's comfortable. The civic's suspension is hard kasi, but it makes it pleasurable and fun to drive sa highway. Either way, the civic is better for me...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    ^ doon sa kanila kasi, walang mga sira-sira na daan. Dito kasi sa atin, medyo uncomfortable ang civic sa baku-bako na daan, and this is the strong point of the altis because it's comfortable. The civic's suspension is hard kasi, but it makes it pleasurable and fun to drive sa highway. Either way, the civic is better for me...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Honda Civic 1.8S 2008 or the Corolla Altis 1.6V 2008