New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Im planning to buy a car but dont know what to get. help me out guys. fule consumption, comfort, interior, etc.

Im more concerned on the fuel consumption.

civic 08 1.8S AT or the Altis 08 1.6V AT.
    Last edited by DYC; February 27th, 2008 at 04:03 PM. Reason: add some text

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    For better fuel consumption, get a manual tranny for your choices.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    consider the new lancer also - check out this comparison http://www.caradvice.com.au/7806/the...ar-comparison/

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Parehas naman ata matipid yan. Test drive mo pareho para makumpara mo. Para ikaw mismo makaramdam ng pagkakaiba. diba diba?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Are you open to other cars or yan na talaga? Budget?

As the others say I would open my door to the Mitsubishi Lancer (the new one that has not yet been out), the Ford Focus TDCi, and possibly the Mazda 3.

Pero kung yung 2 lang sa Civic ako. In fact sa compact class pinaka ayaw ko yung 2008 Altis. And the Civic was my favorite in the class with the exception of the Mitsubishi Lancer (which I haven't seen with my own two eyes yet so I will reserve judgement for now).

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    im just going for the AT only. Which would be better for the 2. will only conisder these 2 cars. Yun lang rin naman ang budget ko. thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ok mag Civic ka na since you want AT. 5 speed for the Civic vs 4 speed for the Altis. Better engine 1.8 vs the Altis 1.6.... This only my opinion others might disagree with me....

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    in terms of fuel consumption naman? sino masmatipid? kasi it doesnt bother me naman kung 5 speed or 4 speed e. kasi im not into fast driving naman.

kasi they say daw that the civic kahit 1.8 parang 1.5 lang daw ang consumption. Is this true? E yun altis ok ba talaga since luma na yun design ng engine, pero is it really tipid on fuel kahit luma yun engine design?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I'm in more or less the same dilemma since i will replacing my company issued car this year. Since the Corolla Altis 1.6V AT 2008 has the same engine and 4 speed automatic transmission from the previous model as well as being heavier, the gas mileage isn't going to be good based on the feedback i got from 1.6 AT Altis owners. I might get the 1.8V A/T model instead. If those are your two choices, i would go for the Civic by default.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DYC View Post
    in terms of fuel consumption naman? sino masmatipid? kasi it doesnt bother me naman kung 5 speed or 4 speed e. kasi im not into fast driving naman.

kasi they say daw that the civic kahit 1.8 parang 1.5 lang daw ang consumption. Is this true? E yun altis ok ba talaga since luma na yun design ng engine, pero is it really tipid on fuel kahit luma yun engine design?
    Its sometimes a popular belief na kapag 1.8 mas malakas na sa gasolina than 1.6... Pero importante rin yung weight ng car. The Civic is lighter than the Corolla and since it has a more powerful engine it takes less effort on the Civic's engine's part to carry the lighter weight thus less consumption than the Corolla's heavier body but smaller engine.... I own the FD Civic I get around 9.5 - 10km/L city more or less, I can't comment on the Altis since I have not driven it yet...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Honda Civic 1.8S 2008 or the Corolla Altis 1.6V 2008