New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The 1.6G AT city gets around 8-8.5km/L in the city. I own one.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *DYC - just curious... what did you end up buying? I'm also choosing between the two.

Was almost set on getting a Civic until my wife and I saw the new Altis on display at Alabang Town Center. Was able to test drive the Altis 1.6V AT. The ride comfort was ok. The interior was quiet but you'll still be able to hear the engine revving. Not a big fan of the wood trim interior... specially the wood trim on the steering wheel. The electric power steering was so light. The car that we tested had a reading of 8.4km/L but I read somewhere that they can get up to 12km/L. I also like the rear seat 60:40 split which is not available on the Civic.

We liked the overall package of the 1.6V. According to the SA we talked to, more people are getting the 1.6G variant. Looking at the difference in price and specs, the additional 56k will get you:

- passenger side air bag
    - rear solid disc brakes
    - 16" tires
    - optitron guages
    - lamps on visors/glove box
    - rear sunshade
    - upgraded audio system (from 1CD/4 speakers to 6CD/6 speakers)
    - clearance and back sensors
    - side skirts
    - wood trim

Do you guys think all these extras are worth 56k?

Any feedback from the owners of the new Altis 1.6V/G?

On the Civic side... we can't wait to test drive the 1.8S. I've read a lot of feedback on the Civic so I have some expectations already. Thanks in advance!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You'll love the civic more than the altis if you will be the one driving it. If youre a passenger most of the time, the altis is the way to go with most of the good features. Don't belive what you'v read about the altis reaching 12km/L in the city. I only get 8.5 tops. Highway I get around 11km/L. This is for the AT variant. The manual variant exceeds 12km/L

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    http://www.motioncars.com/front/03.07.2008_01/index.htm

yes its true. our 1.6 civic 2004 consumes fuel like a 1.3 normally in the low rpms, but it also has the power when you need it. It can perform like a 2.0 when you rev it high since it has a high rev whose strongest point is at the high rpms, but if you rev it high everyday, your fc will go up accordingly...

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^I think thats a good statement overall. And with that in mind if you do choose the Corolla (since di naman ikaw magdrive) buy the M/T para mas tipid sa gas yung driver mo naman yung mangangawit ng kaliwang tuhod eh

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aikon View Post
    *DYC - just curious... what did you end up buying? I'm also choosing between the two.

Was almost set on getting a Civic until my wife and I saw the new Altis on display at Alabang Town Center. Was able to test drive the Altis 1.6V AT. The ride comfort was ok. The interior was quiet but you'll still be able to hear the engine revving. Not a big fan of the wood trim interior... specially the wood trim on the steering wheel. The electric power steering was so light. The car that we tested had a reading of 8.4km/L but I read somewhere that they can get up to 12km/L. I also like the rear seat 60:40 split which is not available on the Civic.

We liked the overall package of the 1.6V. According to the SA we talked to, more people are getting the 1.6G variant. Looking at the difference in price and specs, the additional 56k will get you:

- passenger side air bag
    - rear solid disc brakes
    - 16" tires
    - optitron guages
    - lamps on visors/glove box
    - rear sunshade
    - upgraded audio system (from 1CD/4 speakers to 6CD/6 speakers)
    - clearance and back sensors
    - side skirts
    - wood trim

Do you guys think all these extras are worth 56k?

Any feedback from the owners of the new Altis 1.6V/G?

On the Civic side... we can't wait to test drive the 1.8S. I've read a lot of feedback on the Civic so I have some expectations already. Thanks in advance!

Haven't driven both cars yet, pero I'm definitely NOT going for the Civic, di ko type yung itsura ng Civic.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Well, I dont drive for looks. I drive for pleasure and excitment. For this two great cars, civic is the best choice for me.

Well, this doesn't look bad.. but certainly exciting....;D

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I don't know if its just me, but I really find the current Civic really ugly, sayang, I used to be a big Civic fan, but after the VTEC 3 came out I felt that the Civic was headed on the wrong direction design wise but the current FD looks way worse than the VTEC3. IMO, the best looking Civic is the 1996 VTI and the SIR, I wish I could buy a brand new 96' VTI again today!

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ i have to agree with you on the 7th gen civic, after the successful eg and ek biglang hindi ko na alam kung racing inspired pa din yung vtec3. sa looks, no, sa tech, i have no idea.

pero i love the design of the fd... futuristic talaga.
    just dont know if its still going to be a tuners choice of weapon.

with the choice of the new rolla nad civic, ill go for the civic... better displacement, less weight... therefore FC would be great.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Honda Civic FD. Ok lang naman yung Altis pero parang ''kulang'' para saken.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Honda Civic 1.8S 2008 or the Corolla Altis 1.6V 2008