New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi good evening po sa inyong lahat. Sorry po kung na tanong na itong question na ito pero in the market ako for a new car and iniisip ko kumuha ng ford fiesta, or civic. Tatanong ko lang sana kung ano ang major pros and cons ng 1.8 vs 2.0. Siguro kukunin ko automatic. Thanks and sorry uli kung na tanong na itong question na ito.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Hi good evening po sa inyong lahat. Sorry po kung na tanong na itong question na ito pero in the market ako for a new car and iniisip ko kumuha ng ford fiesta, or civic. Tatanong ko lang sana kung ano ang major pros and cons ng 1.8 vs 2.0. Siguro kukunin ko automatic. Thanks and sorry uli kung na tanong na itong question na ito.
    Suggest ko 1.8L nalang, kung hindi mo naman kailangan ang lakas ng 2.0L. Its more practical and more fuel efficient. Or you can get the 1.8L and then do some minor mods to reach 2.0L power levels. Maybe you might even save a bit by doing that. Pero I suggest also that you wait for the all new Elantra this coming MIAS before making your decision.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    If fuel economy is not your concern get the 2.0, if FC is the main concern the 1.8 A/T is not the best candidate.

The fiesta is the freshest of the lot with lots of standard items on the 1.6, although ave. fc ng mga fiesta 1.6 owners is 8km/l as per fiesta fc thread is not really astonishing, I was expecting around 10 km/l. Or maybe their break-in period isn't over yet? the're maybe hope yet

How about the Jazz it's just been facelifted...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    If fuel economy is not your concern get the 2.0, if FC is the main concern the 1.8 A/T is not the best candidate.

The fiesta is the freshest of the lot with lots of standard items on the 1.6, although ave. fc ng mga fiesta 1.6 owners is 8km/l as per fiesta fc thread is not really astonishing, I was expecting around 10 km/l. Or maybe their break-in period isn't over yet? the're maybe hope yet

How about the Jazz it's just been facelifted...
    The Fiesta's FC isn't spectacular nga.

I'm getting 8-9KM/L traffic only driving with the Civic 1.8 A/T.

No need to get the 2.0L unless you absolutely need the extra power.

Other differences:
    - Turn signals on the side mirrors instead of the fenders
    - Nice looking 17" rims
    - Leather seats
    - Auto climate control

Not worth the price difference IMO.

Coming from a civic owner, you might want to wait for the upcoming releases. The current civic is going to be replaced late this year, plus there are incoming new models din within late this year or next - the Elantra (as mentioned), the new Mazda3 and the new Focus.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks so much for the quick responses. I guess kung 1.8 or 2.0 civic lang mas ok na nga 1.8 since FC is important to me. With the traffic here in Metro Manila you seldom get to really take advantage of that extra umph 2.0 gives. I'll definately keep an eye out for the new civic, elantra, focus, and mazda 3 now that you mentioned it. The Jazz was one of my top choices also but the price I think for the 1.5 is way too much for a subcompact car. Thanks po uli!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    T
    Other differences:
    - Turn signals on the side mirrors instead of the fenders
    - Nice looking 17" rims
    - Leather seats
    - Auto climate control

Not worth the price difference IMO.
    Sayang kasi hindi na 2.0S-L. Dati sulit talaga sa price difference.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    The 1.8S is more than enough to suffice your needs.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Sayang kasi hindi na 2.0S-L. Dati sulit talaga sa price difference.
    Yeah. They had VSA and 4 airbags. Then they removed it for the 2009s para hindi na tumaas presyo ng 2.0L.

I love Hondas, but HCPI is making it difficult to justify getting the top of the line models with their pricing :/

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Thanks so much for the quick responses. I guess kung 1.8 or 2.0 civic lang mas ok na nga 1.8 since FC is important to me. With the traffic here in Metro Manila you seldom get to really take advantage of that extra umph 2.0 gives. I'll definately keep an eye out for the new civic, elantra, focus, and mazda 3 now that you mentioned it. The Jazz was one of my top choices also but the price I think for the 1.5 is way too much for a subcompact car. Thanks po uli!
    I think this boils down to how much longer you're willing to wait.

Civic - Late 2011 or 2012
    Elantra - Mid/Late 2011
    Focus - 2012
    Mazda3 - Late 2011/2012

If you need a car now, then you need a car now.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Or you can check Grand Livina. Good power and fuel efficient as well.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post

If you need a car now, then you need a car now.
    If you need a car now, then get the 2011 Altis 2.0V instead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Honda civic 1.8 or 2.0