New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    JAZZ.. kasi mas maporma.. global model (unlike the city which is only available in Asia Pacific and Africa).. on the practical side: more spacious (overall), flexible seat configuration, appears to have better interior plastics..

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    between 1.3 and 1.5 for both of the cars.. which one would be a good choice if you would be using it for a long time.. in the long run, a 1.3 or a 1.5?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    1.5 of course. Their fuel economy should also be identical. Even though mas malaki yung makina ng 1.5 it has superior power-to-weight than 1.3.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    This is what i did:

Several weeks ago i was deciding between high end city, high end jazz, midrange altis. All within low P800,000. Fuel consumption will be different but likely to be 10-12 or 9-11km/l for all. This REALLY depends on traffic conditions. Features like foglamps, steering control audio, usb ready head unit, versatility in seat positions, trunk space, etc will NEVER match so i couldnt compare them really. All cars would have their selling areas of "expertise" thats why it always hard for buyers to decide.

But the thing that gave me the "this is it" feeling was when i rode in each of them. I didnt need to drive any of them because they will all have +'s and -'s that will confuse me further. I didnt bother sitting in the passenger seats to try anymore.

So i sat in each car's driver seat, looked around inside, felt the seat behind and under me, held the steering wheel, looked outside through the windows, i even imagined how I looked from the OUTSIDE , looked at the console and fabric etc.

Believe me the decision will come to you in a few seconds.

The car i chose has its own +/- compared to the other 2, but i know my choice is correct. What car i ended up buying should not matter to you anymore since your personal feeling is my point.

Up to now (1 month later) i havent even opened the hood. I'll look one of these days just because i havent done it yet. How the engine is configured under the hood is not a deciding factor anyway.

I dont need to convince myself that its great car or that i wasnt wrong...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    ang sarap naman ng problema mo bro, i wish i had your dad and bro, hehehe.

seriously... my opinion is that you should always look ahead well into the future when buying a car dito sa pinas. is it big? is it stable at high speeds? will it accomodate the whole family sa out of town? is it reliable?

yung mga hatchbacks kasi for me are like neon and pink paintjobs... sure maganda ka tignan and cool right now if you get one, but in 3 years pag sawa ka na sa liit at pag-bubully ng mas malalaking kotse sa daan.... well...

best value for money at this time would be a corolla base model 1.6 automatic. wide, macho body, pwedeng iporma, reliable as a .45 revolver. tignan mo yung presyo sa casa i'm sure medyo malapit lang yung presyo nya sa 2009 city/jazz na upper spec model.
    Ako naman sawa na sa malaki lalo na sobrang traffic,,, masikip na daan, hirap mag park... haayyy. Jazz for me, very roomy sa loob and resale value is high...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by dingch View Post
    This is what i did:

Several weeks ago i was deciding between high end city, high end jazz, midrange altis. All within low P800,000. Fuel consumption will be different but likely to be 10-12 or 9-11km/l for all. This REALLY depends on traffic conditions. Features like foglamps, steering control audio, usb ready head unit, versatility in seat positions, trunk space, etc will NEVER match so i couldnt compare them really. All cars would have their selling areas of "expertise" thats why it always hard for buyers to decide.

But the thing that gave me the "this is it" feeling was when i rode in each of them. I didnt need to drive any of them because they will all have +'s and -'s that will confuse me further. I didnt bother sitting in the passenger seats to try anymore.

So i sat in each car's driver seat, looked around inside, felt the seat behind and under me, held the steering wheel, looked outside through the windows, i even imagined how I looked from the OUTSIDE , looked at the console and fabric etc.

Believe me the decision will come to you in a few seconds.

The car i chose has its own +/- compared to the other 2, but i know my choice is correct. What car i ended up buying should not matter to you anymore since your personal feeling is my point.

Up to now (1 month later) i havent even opened the hood. I'll look one of these days just because i havent done it yet. How the engine is configured under the hood is not a deciding factor anyway.

I dont need to convince myself that its great car or that i wasnt wrong...
    OK so what's your choice? heheheh

7. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    back to topic, i guess it's because jazz is imported compared to city w/c is manufactured locally, and maybe the windshield cost much more because of its size.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-V View Post
    back to topic, i guess it's because jazz is imported compared to city w/c is manufactured locally, and maybe the windshield cost much more because of its size.
    Jazz kasi considered a sub-compact sport utility vehicle and the good thing is it's availble to asia, europe, arab, and usa.. I sold my new city (5 months old) to give way to new Jazz and to fit my lifestyle...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ako dapat Honda Jazz eh ang tagal nang waiting tym so city 1.5E nlng but then ayaw ni daddy nang maliit nauwi kami sa Civic 1.8V nga lang pero automatic since yun ung top 1 spec ko sa hinahanap kong new car. enjoy tlga automatic haha

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    nagkalat na ang city para na ding vios ... consider suzuki sx4, swift or better try the new lancer ex

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Honda CITY VS Honda Jazz [MERGED]