New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Hello everyone,

I would like to have your opinion on which of these 3 you would consider buying. I'm currently inclined to the Mazda 3 as I think it has the best offering for its price.

Honda City 2014 1.5 VX (870k)
    Toyota Altis 1.6G (935k)
    Mazda 3 1.5 (945k)

City
    Pros:
    1. Cheaper
    2. Spacious Rear leg room
    3. Rear camera
    4. Paddle Shifters

Cons:
    1. Suspension
    2. Touch capacitive aircon controls
    3. Rear drum brakes

Altis
    Pros:
    1. Stylish
    2. Spacious Rear leg room
    3. Better suspension than City

Cons:
    1. Rear drum brakes
    2. No parking sensors / camera

Mazda 3
    Pros:
    1. Very Stylish
    2. Better suspension (theoretically?) than previous 2
    3. Parking sensors
    4. Paddle Shifters

Cons:
    1. Tight rear leg room
    2. Most expensive

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Mazda 3. Looks is number 1 for me.

Badabing! Badabong!

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Mazda 3 if you plan to dispose of it in 3 years time, feeling ko after ng warranty, you're dead meat sa piyesa.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I'd also include the Civic FB, Elantra, and Sylphy as other options. Though given just the choices above, I'd go with the Mazda3.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I'd also include the Civic FB, Elantra, and Sylphy as other options. Though given just the choices above, I'd go with the Mazda3.

Yup. Thanks. Na-consider ko na sila. Hetong 3 na short list (pwede pa si Altis at Sylphy).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Mazda 3 if you plan to dispose of it in 3 years time, feeling ko after ng warranty, you're dead meat sa piyesa.
    Ganun ba talaga kapangit ang support ng Mazda? Or ganun ba kahirap maghagilap parts nya?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Altis or City, in that order. Durability, comfort, and ease of maintenance.

Sent from the Twilight Zone...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Di ko magets why people still associate Mazda with low build quality. More than a decade na yung unang Mazda 3, may major issues ba? Wala diba. Same with the Mazda 2 and 6.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbDriver View Post
    Ganun ba talaga kapangit ang support ng Mazda? Or ganun ba kahirap maghagilap parts nya?
    Pag bago ang kotse, mahirap talaga humanap ng piyesa sa labas. Sige nga hanap kayo ng piyesa ng 2014 Altis or City sa labas ngayon. Wala rin naman.

But over time, as the cars age and more and more people have them, auto shops that specialize in the brand begin carrying OEM parts for the said models. That said, I expect the Altis to still have more supply of parts outside the casa just because it's a Toyota and will thus be more common.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Di ko magets why people still associate Mazda with low build quality. More than a decade na yung unang Mazda 3, may major issues ba? Wala diba. Same with the Mazda 2 and 6.

Yep, parang most people cannot get over some old issues with a brand. Mas kawawa pa nga yung Nissan and the nagging idea of some Pinoys against Korean brands. Kung low build quality yung current Mazda, it would be hard to justify the awards the SkyActiv cars had been getting since last year.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast