New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's the dealer support that is the concern of some people and not the build quality.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbDriver View Post
    Hello everyone,

I would like to have your opinion on which of these 3 you would consider buying. I'm currently inclined to the Mazda 3 as I think it has the best offering for its price.

Honda City 2014 1.5 VX (870k)
    Toyota Altis 1.6G (935k)
    Mazda 3 1.5 (945k)

City
    Pros:
    1. Cheaper
    2. Spacious Rear leg room
    3. Rear camera
    4. Paddle Shifters

Cons:
    1. Suspension
    2. Touch capacitive aircon controls
    3. Rear drum brakes

Altis
    Pros:
    1. Stylish
    2. Spacious Rear leg room
    3. Better suspension than City

Cons:
    1. Rear drum brakes
    2. No parking sensors / camera

Mazda 3
    Pros:
    1. Very Stylish
    2. Better suspension (theoretically?) than previous 2
    3. Parking sensors
    4. Paddle Shifters

Cons:
    1. Tight rear leg room
    2. Most expensive

Thanks!
    Why do you list tight rear leg room as a con for the Mazda 3? It's not even tight in there anymore. Maybe you could say that about the first 2 gens, but the new one is way more spacious now.

If in case you have not tried sitting at the back of the new Mazda 3, i think they have a public launch this weekend at BGC. Maybe you can go check it out. Personally, I went to Mazda Greenhills when my SA told me that they already have units in their showroom.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbDriver View Post
    Yup. Thanks. Na-consider ko na sila. Hetong 3 na short list (pwede pa si Altis at Sylphy).
    Since pwede pa si Sylphy kay Sylphy vote ko. bang for the buck.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It's the dealer support that is the concern of some people and not the build quality.
    That's odd, considering Yojin 3 is here.

Also, haven't seen a thread with Mazda casa horror stories. Unlike Mitsubishi, Hyundai, and Suzuki na marami.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Sylphy and Mazda3.

The City VX obviously would be the smallest in your bunch. Also, sure ba na drum brake pa din yung rear? Its price is for sub-compact sedans already tapos di man lang full discs. Altis, very handsome exterior. Interior, mehhh. But it depends really on one's taste.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The City's pricing started making sense when I read James' article: James Deakin | Quick facts about the new Honda City

It is bigger. Much bigger. As in bigger than the Civic. Crazy, I know, but Honda have increased the wheel base by 50mm and created similar legroom to a Camry while still claiming best in class trunk space. I sat in the back with the front seat pushed back as far as it could go and I still fit in.
    Sylphy - comfort (CVT, rear AC, class interior and exterior). Biggest engine for the price.
    3 - working man's BMW
    City - high tech gadgetry (HDMI for Ipad mirroring) and side airbags (first in its class?)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i would choose the toyota altis but the 1.6 V variant, if I'm going to buy na rin a new car, stretch ko na konti budget ko to get what I really want. Don't get me wrong though, ok naman yung honda city eh (we do have three at home) pero hindi siya "wow" sa akin eh.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Checked the Honda Phil website with the updated City and the dimensions were still smaller than the Civic. Was James Deakin talking about the interior?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    The City's pricing started making sense when I read James' article: James Deakin | Quick facts about the new Honda City

Sylphy - comfort (CVT, rear AC, class interior and exterior). Biggest engine for the price.
    3 - working man's BMW
    City - high tech gadgetry (HDMI for Ipad mirroring) and side airbags (first in its class?)
    But the Altis also has a big interior, an ultra-smooth CVT, and lots of toys. Also has a superior image to the lowly City.

Noone in this price range cares about side airbags to be honest.

I don't see what makes the City a better buy than the Altis.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Altis has a more comfortable suspension than the Mazda3.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast